Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brandon Strader

Wintersun

18 posts in this topic

Greatest band ever, or... greatest band of all time? This is up for discussion.

16978.jpg

Their first CD came out in 2004 and it was incredible. I was overhead saying shortly after its release and after listening to it days in a row, "This CD is worth living for!" It was TRULY one of the greatest works of musical art of all time.

Now they are finally releasing their second CD, "Time I", on October 12th. It has a lot to live up to but will UNDOUBTEDLY be the greatest work of musical art of all time alongside their first CD.

WintersunTIMEICover-front-small.jpg

If you haven't heard the first CD, you can listen on Spotify. You'll probably be able to hear the second album on there too, eventually.

Wintersun is my favorite band, and they SHOULD BE YOURS TOO!

They're touring the US and Canada soon!

Press Reactions Trailer:

"Choir" Recordings:

Heidenfest 2012 trailer:

US tour details: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/539073_10151148370262402_432033723_n.jpg

Seeing them in December with Eluveitie and Varg!

I hadn't heard of them before the tourdates were announced, but I like what I've heard. They're so much better than Ensiferum.

I definitely like the first album and I hope this epic double album can live up to expectations.

I'm definitely going to try to catch them in concert as well. They're first time in the States from what I understand.

I always made jokes about how this new album was Folk metal's "Chinese Democracy".

Funny thing is, this will actually be worth the wait.

Totally, I've been anticipating this thing for years! And the samples are amazing, so to wait that long and not be disappointed is a beautiful thing.

Related...

large.png

So cool how the songs get longer and more progressive as the album goes on. Great album, every song has its own unique flavor.

I like Wintersun and all but really can anything be better than Sagas? That's a tall order as far as Bands/Albums/Marriages/Philly Cheese steaks/The Japanese figuring out how to actually breed real cat-chicks/anything else in life is concerned

Looking forward to the release but as far as topping Equib's best. Noggunnahappenne. :<

If i'm wrong we'll throw down at Magfest B.S.

If you're wrong i'll imagine a similar result.

And don't give me that "difference in sub-genre" BS there B.S. I want that crap to stop. Even if a new genre has to be made. O wait.

:razz:

If i'm wrong we'll throw down at Magfest B.S.

I guess I've got one more ass to kick next year. :<

I like Wintersun and all but really can anything be better than Sagas? That's a tall order as far as Bands/Albums/

Looking forward to the release but as far as topping Equib's best. Noggunnahappenne. :<

Agreed, Sagas is pretty much a perfect album.

For the ULTRA-Lazy, I'm happy to announce the new Wintersun album is now available on Spotify.

Seriously, album of the year. :-D

Now there's no excuse to not check it out.

Never cared for Wintersun much, always liked Jari's work in Ensiferum more. Cool that this finally came out though!

OMG yes time is finally here. I've waited for this day for quite some time. Honestly, I thought it would never come out. Problem after problem :(

Just got back from the Toronto show. It was awesome. That is all.