Banjo-Kazooie - Mad Monster Mansion Orchestra

dummy

Another little Banjoo-Kazooie piece I made today while waiting for dropbox to sync so I could start work. It actually synced before I finished so I had to hurry the ending a little - apologies if it sounds a bit rushed but I had to get back to work.

| SoundCloud

As always, any comments/crits/etc on the realism/mix/mastering are more than welcome. I use these remixes both to test the products I'm developing and to improve my orchestration so be as brutal as you want.

A few things I noticed listening back is that the marimba is a little too close mic'd - should be further back in the room. I also wasn't so happy with the string runs that come in 1:14ish though this kind of writing is very hard to pull off with samples. Also, as I mentioned before, the ending is a little quick, but I just ran out of time.

Just so I'm not a negative nancy, I'm really happy with how the woodwinds turned out. I used Berlin Woodwinds for the lead Bassoon/Clarinets and it sounds pretty good. I'm also mostly happy with the realism and mixing - there's some odd bits in there but hopefully not too noticable.