OCR01429 - Street Fighter Alpha 2 "Dan's Ice Cream Truck"

djpretzel

Damn this style of mix is so nice, the harmonisation is quality and everything just breathes so nice going at it's own good bouncy pace with some seductive beats. Great piece to sit back to with a glass of Baileys thinking of good times. The violin really just licks my face, so lush and smooth, I know Mr po likes to buff his thing and buff it well. Josh's piano playing is strong and constant, so nice and snappy, the melodies really jump to you with a classical jolt. Great mix guys, I'm keeping it for more listens.

Rock on. Dan, could I please get some ice-cream that is watermelon flava?

I adore po! and Morse and together, once again, I think they are stronger than they are apart.

Unfamiliar with the source tune, I am VERY pleased to find that this source features a somewhat uncommon progression. The mix is nice and brave both in progression and instrumentation. My one complaint is the hardness of the piano. Why!? Why does it always have to be piano? Vibes, EP, Organs... Morse... switch it up man.

Dang guys, I really hope you continue to work together. These two mixes have been fabulous.

I personally loved this way more than Watermelon. The violin track is pretty sweet. I like how you guys have kept the mix relatively dry of reverb.

I absolutely LOVE how you can hear the violin's 'grainyness'. I'd love to hear a classical remix by you guys just because the violin track is THAT good.

Piano solo, as always, is smooooth. Great job, guys!

Seriously, just go to Morse's site, he's got all sorts of great stuff there. I've been listening to this great mix for at least a month or two before it got released here, the same with Watermelon. I'm not surprised at all that these pieces are having little trouble making it onto OCR. One last thing, JM and Po! should just form a team or something already, its fairly obvious they'd have alot of success.

Not being a huge fan of Morse's work in the past (a bit repetitive in some songs), I'm pleased to say that his recent offerings on 'Bound Together' and his collabs with po! have got me interested more in his work.

Compared to 'Watermelon Flava', this one requires more attention when listening to it. We already knew that po! rocked the violin thanks to The Underdog (to anyone who hasn't listened to that one, do so now. You won't see it on OCR). The violin solo here doesn't disappoint. Pretty good work here guys.

Not being a huge fan of Morse's work in the past (a bit repetitive in some songs), I'm pleased to say that his recent offerings on 'Bound Together' and his collabs with po! have got me interested more in his work.

Compared to 'Watermelon Flava', this one requires more attention when listening to it. We already knew that po! rocked the violin thanks to The Underdog (to anyone who hasn't listened to that one, do so now. You won't see it on OCR). The violin solo here doesn't disappoint. Pretty good work here guys.

wow you really have no idea what you're talking about.

wow you really have no idea what you're talking about.

...And?

I turned the music on, expecting to carefully listen to every second of it to give it a proper review. Half a minute after it ended, I suddenly realized I hadn't paid any attention to it; the ambient nature of the music had me surfing the web even while it was still playing, rather than giving it my full attention. I suppose, in a way, that because of my lack of attention, the music was made properly, and executed exactly the right response.

When the song first came on, I figured I wouldn't be giving it much of a review, since it seemed like it was going to be boring elevator music. And, in a sense, that's all it is; however, unlike many examples of elevator music, this doesn't get into such sappiness like others, that eventually get not only mind-numbing, but nauseating as well.

This song keeps the formula of "chill" music and keeps it entertaining. The addition of the single violin separates it from the rest of the ambient crowd; but I'm not entirely certain if it really fits the genre. It was played very well (and as someone said, on tune), but there's something about the violin that doesn't really say laid-back to me.

Overall, a good remix, and a recommended download.

098.jpg

It was professional sounding, from people i've heard of before so i knew to expect that. But i didnt really care for it much. I like jazz music, and I thought this didnt have the sort of flair that I would remember. At 1:13 the violin thinggy carries for a while. by 1:50 i would introduce something new. At 2:08 the piano is lovely, but that part only lasts a little while, the a bridge, then its back to the violin..thinggy. I dont know, maybe i just dont like violin..thinggies. Percussion is too same-same after 1:13. At the end, you could introduce stop-time (that's always fun) or something else rather than a fadeout. Play with it a little more.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01429 - Street Fighter Alpha 2 "Dan's Ice Cream Truck"