FF6 Balance & Ruin Kickstarter RELAUNCHED (and FUNDED)!

zircon

General Beatrix's Unlonely Hearts Club Band

As a Beatles fan i endorse this title

But I am confused as to how ff9 conversation broke into the ff6 kickstarter thread (or for that matter why a kickstarter thread is still open rather than a general discussion thread)

A bit off the wall of a comment but I like how the title is "Blank and Blank" instead of "Blank of Blank".

Also Blank was a character in ff9.

And now we've come full circle.

But I am confused as to how ff9 conversation broke into the ff6 kickstarter thread (or for that matter why a kickstarter thread is still open rather than a general discussion thread)

A bit off the wall of a comment but I like how the title is "Blank and Blank" instead of "Blank of Blank".

And now I'm sad.

stupid evil forest

at least ff6's big forest didn't petrify people

it just had a train

that you can suplex

also i hope that gets referenced somehow on this album

When the announcement was made FF9 would come out after FF6 in albums this year. I've been waiting for FF9 longer than 6. :D

When the announcement was made FF9 would come out after FF6 in albums this year. I've been waiting for FF9 longer than 6. :D

I think everyone's been waiting for FF9 longer, mainly because, if I'm not mistaken, which I sometimes can be, FF9 has been in production longer than FF6, and has certainly been public much longer. :-D

I think everyone's been waiting for FF9 longer, mainly because, if I'm not mistaken, which I sometimes can be, FF9 has been in production longer than FF6, and has certainly been public much longer. :-D

TBH, I've been waiting for both an equal amount of time.

...Basically, since I found VotL and thought, "That was freaking amazing, now I just need for them to give me an FF6, FFT, and FF9 album and I will be content." :tomatoface:

tumblr_mcz4awHw6A1qjjsnuo1_500.gif

FORGIVENESS PLEASE I've only played the game once I had to beg my friend to let me play his copy. It was ages ago and I barely remember anything other than how much I loved it.

Also I wonder if I'm the only person who would be super excited to see what would happen if they made an FF8 album...

FF8 was good but from a musical standpoint it didn't have the BAM factor aside from some key key tracks. (Eyes on me, the opening theme) Dont get me wrong it met the very high standards and beat the ones FF7 had set but at the same time there weren't the memorables. FF8 is one of the least remixed games on the site for a reason. (Correct me if this isnt the case but i know of maybe...5 total? compared to 9 and 6 and 7))

FF6 was a tour de force in 16 bit music ff9 had 15+ AAA headline should have won a ******* grammy for tracks. There are at least 8 in FF9 i'm hoping are in the final list and 10 in 6 that i want to hear before any of the others.

I'd like to see what you guys would do with an FF8 album. But i wouldnt be as up for it as i am for 9 and 6. That being said. I'm wanting these more than VOTL and i REALLY wanted that one.

FF8 was good but from a musical standpoint it didn't have the BAM factor aside from some key key tracks. (Eyes on me, the opening theme) Dont get me wrong it met the very high standards and beat the ones FF7 had set but at the same time there weren't the memorables. FF8 is one of the least remixed games on the site for a reason. (Correct me if this isnt the case but i know of maybe...5 total? compared to 9 and 6 and 7))

Actually, FF8 stands currently at 30 remixes, if I'm reading this right:

http://ocremix.org/quicksearch/game/?qs_query=final+fantasy

FF9 sits at 23.

I'd be happy to see both FF8 and FF9 get the full treatment.

Anyway, the only one who comes close to FF7's 105 is FF6 at 85. Which I imagine will surpass it once Balance and Ruin is released.

Oh trust me, I'm not going to disagree that FF8 doesn't have the musical impact of other games, but once FF7, FF6 and FF9 are done, I'd love to see it...Even if it was only a couple pieces.

Also is anyone else having difficulty with the password on the album preview zip file? It might just be my copy of Zip Genius that's being a pain though...

Also is anyone else having difficulty with the password on the album preview zip file? It might just be my copy of Zip Genius that's being a pain though...
I had a problem, but it wasn't with the password. The file was just corrupt somehow. I had better luck when I used the second mirror.

• 2 weeks later...
I must admit. I now check OCRemix every day, multiple times a day, sometimes while at work, to see if this album has been released yet.

Yeah I can understand the excitement, as a remixer on the project I can tell you it'll be worth the wait. This project will have something for everyone. I hope it gets released soon too but most likely mid to late Feb. to be realistic.

-Derek