FF6 Balance & Ruin Kickstarter RELAUNCHED (and FUNDED)!

zircon

We're BACK!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ocremix/an-epic-5-disc-ff6-fan-album-from-oc-remix-take-tw

djpretzel, McVaffe, myself and the rest of the OCR staff are happy to announce the RELAUNCH of the FF6: Balance & Ruin Kickstarter! Everything has been worked out with Square Enix, and we're really excited to finally share this again with the community!

Much like the original B&R Kickstarter, we're raising money to fund the physical production of the upcoming FF6 arrangement album Balance & Ruin, directed by myself and McVaffe and featuring the talents of over 50 amazing OC ReMixers. The goal is to produce a superb-quality physical album containing every track from the album, gorgeous artwork, and a FIFTH disc (DVD) of bonus content. That's right: whereas the bonus DVD was previously a stretch goal, it's now included by default! We'll also be using some of the funds raised to record studio musicians for various tracks, as well as professional mixing/mastering as required. Lastly, we'll be covering royalties for each physical copy of the album. Everyone wins!

Rewards for backers remain as awesome as they were last time. Everything from original albums by OC ReMixers, to physical copies of previous album projects, a copy of Balance & Ruin itself ($50+), all the way up to an original soundtrack produced by OCR for YOUR game. We also have a stretch goal already planned at the $45k level, something that was easily passed the first time around - a high-quality printing of FF7: Voices of the Lifestream that will go out to all backers at $50 and above! And this time, ALL four discs will be included. :nicework:

Despite delays in getting this new Kickstarter off the ground, the project is still on course for a December 2012 release, and will be available as a free torrent to all. You'll also notice that the new video features MANY more previews from the project, which has been progressing really well since the first preview. Assuming the KS gets funded, we're shooting to have physicals printed at about the same time (though we're allowing a couple months of leeway, since many things can crop up during the physical production process).

On behalf of the entire Balance & Ruin team, I'd like to thank EVERYONE for your patience and support over the last few months. If you donated to the first Kickstarter, we hope you'll donate again - and if you didn't donate, we hope you'll consider it this time around!

To learn more & pledge please go to http://kck.st/OogXln

ff6-kickstarter.jpg

Edited by Liontamer

I'll be looking forwards to this - I will probably have the funds to donate by next week, or the week after. (I sorta spent my spending money on the Homestuck Kickstarter...It seems like spending money on Kickstarters is all I do these days.) Just in case, though, I'm gonna hold my donation till I have the physical cash in my hands or the bills in my bank account.

Too bad there's probably a non-disclosure thing to your Square Enix settlement. I'm really curious about what their problem was with the Kickstarter. Can you at least tell us if the issue was with the Kickstarter or with the album? Or, if that has already been stated, just point me to the right page of the previous Kickstarter thread.

I'll be looking forwards to this - I will probably have the funds to donate by next week, or the week after. (I sorta spent my spending money on the Homestuck Kickstarter...It seems like spending money on Kickstarters is all I do these days.) Just in case, though, I'm gonna hold my donation till I have the physical cash in my hands or the bills in my bank account.

Too bad there's probably a non-disclosure thing to your Square Enix settlement. I'm really curious about what their problem was with the Kickstarter. Can you at least tell us if the issue was with the Kickstarter or with the album? Or, if that has already been stated, just point me to the right page of the previous Kickstarter thread.

Well, re-reading the first post, I saw this:

"Lastly, we'll be covering royalties for each physical copy of the album. Everyone wins!"

I'm assuming that this is the answer to my question, then? Well, OK. Are the royalties going to Square Enix, since OCRemix is fundraising for FFVI-related stuff? Or is it specifically going to Nobuo Uematsu, since the Kickstarter is specifically about the music and not the game itself (with the exception of possible lyrics)?

shares revenue with SE

You mean the royalty thing? Yeah, it'd be pretty sweet if we could use the logo, but I doubt we'll be able to.

I'm assuming that this is the answer to my question, then? Well, OK. Are the royalties going to Square Enix for OCRemix fundraising for FFVI-related stuff? Or is it specifically going to Nobuo Uematsu, since the Kickstarter is about the music and not the game itself (with the exception of possible lyrics)?

We can't speak to how Square-Enix handles royalties.

I can't describe how excited I am that this is coming back and will be basically unchanged from the end user's perspective. You guys know how to treat us friends and fans, that's for sure!

Re-upped my previous pledge and will kick in a little more when I can be sure I'll have the funds closer to the deadline.