Pokémon Black 2 and White 2: OCR's Finest Trainers, Version 14.3.5.1(b)

The Damned

Listened to

today and now I'm craving for a new Pokemon experience... I haven't played any of the games since the GBA ones, but I don't own a DS or 3DS. Starting to wonder if I should buy one of those simply so I can get Black/White 2, but my inner self is saying I need to save as much money as possible for the next couple years and a new game, any new game, is not worth spending money on. I do not like that part of me at all, yet I listen to it all the time.

About 6 Badges into Black 2, never played the first one. I'm enjoying it on my 3DS, but am having a movement issue. Of course in Pokemon you move on a grid, press up on the Dpad and you move up once. The issue I'm having is that I can't precisely move just 1 space at a time. I'll be attempting to go one space and move 2. I never remember any of the old games being this way, perhaps it's just my 3DS, but it happens with the circle pad and the dpad. It's becoming a serious issue in some areas that have random encounters, where I'm moving extra spaces to get to an item or just maneuver the environment to get through a doorway. Anybody else having this problem?

It sounds like a hardware problem; and one I've never heard about before. The only time I have trouble controlling my movement is when I'm whizzing around on the bike since it doean't stop immediately. Test the game out on a DS assuming you have one.

I assume you're still under the Club Nintendo extended warranty, if you didn't buy it at launch? You could pry send it in. Happy gaming.

Hahahaha. I don't have a DS laying around anymore, so I haven't been able to test it out. I was going to test out another Pokemon game on my 3DS. I used to own Diamond, but don't have the cart for some reason. I did get my 3DS at launch, so I'm out of warranty, though I'm not sure that's the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4DPOnvulu8&sns=em

Basically, it goes like this.

Find the stadium in Nimbasa. Find the guy with the red cap. This is a Breeder, and they reset each time you enter the area they are in.

Beat him, and he gives you a Rare Candy. Leave, go back, fight him again Get another Rare Candy.

Repeat until you're sick of Rare Candies. BAM. You're welcome.

• 1 month later...

Fuck, I am playing it. Stop telling me to play something I haven't really stopped playing.

On a slightly related note, I do wish I had kept my 3rd and 4th gen main games intact, because it's a pain in the ass to set up solo runs/mono-type/etc playthroughs in them with only the in-game pokémon. I decided to transfer everything over to the next gen as they came out, leaving only a few items and HM pokes for travel.

When I had all of them, it was easy to just throw a few eggs over and play with whatever teams I could imagine.

Now... now I can really only do that in 5th gen games. And that's fine, but sometimes I miss stomping around on the 3rd and 4th gen games with pokémon you normally can't get at all.

Considering that the DS carts don't use batteries to keep track of time or save data, I think they would be safer.

Also, I have not had a battery on a GBA cart die lose any game data. Only the clock events are affected, and that isn't a big deal, as being able to get access to a mediocre Leftovers wannabe and some berries which won't affect the story or team building in any real way won't ruin it.

GBA carts don't use volatile memory like the GameBoy Color Pokémon games. Those used a battery not just for the clock and weekly calender, but also for storing the save data. GBA carts don't do that, they use a more stable form of ROM. It was also more expensive, which is why bootleg GBA carts tended to use cheaper battery-powered ROMs that tended to die most of the time.

The choice is yours. Eventually, any storage medium is going to fail, but it looks like the GBA carts are good for at least a few more years.

Besides... if all goes well over the next few years, we may be seeing either more GBA games (including some pokémon ones) or 3rd gen remakes on the 3DS. If we get remakes, you might just be able to transfer all your favorites over and have them live in a reverberated Hoenn.

• 2 weeks later...

I totally forgot to post my friend code for the game: 1464 4889 9623.

I've got a Seadra that I'm trying to trade to evolve it into a Kingdra so I can have another dragon pokemon on my team. I'd love it if anyone could help with that. I just need to figure out where the hell I can get a dragon shard before Victory Road.

I actually restarted the game 35 hours in and am back to 40 hours, and I've spent a shitload of time using the pokemon dream world on the global link page. In fact, most of the pokemon on my team are mons I acquired through it. It's not that I don't like Unova region's pokemon, I just like a lot from other regions a lot more.

Let's get some battles and trading in, people!

I can hook you up with a Dragon Scale. I'll trade you something with the scale attached then you can disconnect, put the scale on Seadra then I can trade you then you can trade back for Kingdra, deal? If you have a spare Tepig or Snivy that would be cool. If not, how about a elemental monkey or a Petilil. My friend code is 0433-6124-3556. PM me when you can trade. Thanks.