Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

SwordBreaker

I'm surprised that I couldn't find a dedicated thread to this game on OCR. My initial reaction was, "Man, Final Fantasy is stooping to new lows." But then, I played it. Wow. This is just a love letter to Nobuo Uematsu and fans of Final Fantasy music. It's basically made for communities like OCR. They visualized the various soundtracks quite well in the game. Keeps you on your toes with various hand-eye-ear co-ordination as you tap & slide your way through the notes of some of the best game music ever. I found myself acing and loving the music I'm very familiar with, particularly over-world notes. The difficulty scales up quite well depending on the song and choice of which notes you would like to tackle. In the harder difficulties, some tracks put notes out that I initially didn't pay attention to, especially battle music. The transition from melodies to background harmonies during the song is jarring at first, but that's what makes it so cool and special. In addition to all of that, the RPG aspects are really cool and addictive.

A lot of the favorites make in the game. I never expected to see Dancing Mad though as it is quite a long track. Sadly, it's the abridged version...not the entire song, but still the longest track in the game. Takes some time to unlock though. DLC tracks are also good choices.

Nintendo really needs to take notes from theatrhythm and celebrate their own music in a game similar to it. Definitely a must play for VGM communites like OCR.

There's a bit of Theatrythmn talk in the 3DS thread and I made a write up of it a few paragraphs long, although nothing more than a page or two. The general consensus is that if you like rhythm games and Final Fantasy music, then you'll love the hell out of the game as it's pretty addictive. If you're not fans of them however, then you probably won't be into it.

I don't really think there's a lot to be said about it other than it's pretty kewl, and goddamnit I still want to buy all that DLC.

There's a bit of Theatrythmn talk in the 3DS thread and I made a write up of it a few paragraphs long, although nothing more than a page or two. The general consensus is that if you like rhythm games and Final Fantasy music, then you'll love the hell out of the game as it's pretty addictive. If you're not fans of them however, then you probably won't be into it.

I don't really think there's a lot to be said about it other than it's pretty kewl, and goddamnit I still want to buy all that DLC.

Agreed with the general consensus. I don't know who in OCR would not like FF music, but in general most fans of the series should be fans of the music too. They're inseparable in my opinion.

I also want to download all the DLC. I have Cosmo Canyon so far. Most of the tracks are exciting, particularly Sonmus; I was surprised to see that in the list since Versus hasn't been released yet. But I LOVE that track.

@Mirby

I can believe that.

Got myself bout 78k Rhythmia just now and downloaded FFX's battle theme and FFVII's battle theme.

Love the game so much just a shame the unlockable characters don't get unique abilities which can make them fall behind a bit seeing as the others get limit breaks.

That said Princess Sarah is surprisingly tech since she gets more or less all the buffs and soul voice.

I'm hoping Calm Lands becomes a DLC Field Music stage, was quite surprised Mihen Highroad beat it there for the main slot.

Also damn them spinning arrow notes on the level 90+ Dark Notes.

All 52 DLC songs are already out and there is no indication there will be more. So no point in hoping for more DLC.

I have 99999 Rm and all the DLC (yes I am aware I spent $52 on this game's DLC) and I'm still having fun with it.

Ah well that's a shame, not that the offerings are bad anyway, I just really like the Calm Lands' music and Besaid island too.

Really there's just so much music they could've put into this game, hell they could possibly even release a sequel somewhere down the line they still have enough material for it.

I'm not so much into FF games as I am the music. It happened when I was playing FFXI Online. In every new area or cutscene there was a song I needed on my iPod. After a while I started to check out music from other FFs, and it just snowballed.

So now I need a 3DS for this game because the music is such an every-day part of my life. It's like a hobby of its own.. "listen to FF music."

Also, I think I saw "Sanctuary of Zi'Tah" on the song list. Talk about an overlooked gem of a tune.

If there's one thing that makes me a bit sad about this game it's how it limits itself in terms of songs at times. I'm not talking new songs I'm talking existing ones. FF12's ending theme appears in series mode as the conclusion theme and again in Chaos Shrine as a battle theme. I'd love to just play it as a battle theme outside and the same for some of the other songs which are 'intro' or 'outro' exclusive.

In addition I dislike how the Chaos Shrine only has about....13-16 songs at times really feels limiting and kinda kills the fun at times when I end up playing the same compilations at times.

BIG POST COMING UP!!

The movement number (Mv.XY) shows what songs are present in that Note. X is the Field Music Stage, Y is the Battle Music Stage.

If X is:

0 - Mt. Gulg (FFI)

1 - Eternal Wind (FFIII)

2 - Within the Giant (FFIV)

3 - Mambo de Chocobo (FFV)

4 - Terra's Theme (FFVI)

5 - Judgment Day (FFVII)

6 - Blue Fields (FFVIII)

7 - Zanarkand (FFX)

8 - Vana'diel March (FFXI)

9 - The Sunleth Waterscape (FFXIII)

If Y is:

0 - Battle Theme 2 (FFII)

1 - Battle 1 (FFIV)

2 - Battle at the Big Bridge (FFV)

3 - Battle to the Death (FFVI)

4 - JENOVA (FFVII)

5 - The Man with the Machine Gun (FFVIII)

6 - Something to Protect (FFIX)

7 - Fight With Seymour (FFX)

8 - Ending Move (FFXII)

9 - Defiers of Fate (FFXIII)

there's the Chaos Shrine broken down

full DLC list:

Matoya's Cave - FF1 - FMS

Sunken Shrine - FF1 - FMS

Battle Theme 1 - FF2 - BMS

Dungeon - FF2 - FMS

Tower of the Magi - FF2 - FMS

Battle 1 - FF3 - BMS

This is the Last Battle - FF3 - BMS

Crystal Cave - FF3 - FMS

The Crystal Tower - FF3 - FMS

Battle 2 - FF4 - BMS

The Final Battle - FF4 - BMS

Battle 1 - FF5 - BMS

The Decisive Battle - FF5 - BMS

The Final Battle - FF5 - BMS

In Search of Light - FF5 - FMS

Battle - FF6 - BMS

Fight On! - FF7 - BMS

Cosmo Canyon - FF7 - FMS

Force Your Way - FF8 - BMS

The Extreme - FF8 - BMS

Ride On - FF8 - FMS

The Castle - FF8 - FMS

Battle 2 - FF9 - BMS

The Darkness of Eternity - FF9 - BMS

The Final Battle - FF9 - BMS

Dark City Treno - FF9 - FMS

Otherworld - FF10 - BMS

Battle Theme - FF10 - BMS

Challenge - FF10 - BMS

A Contest of Aeons - FF10 - BMS

Final Battle - FF10 - BMS

Movement in Green - FF10 - FMS

A Fleeting Dream - FF10 - FMS

Battle Theme - FF11 - BMS

Fighters of the Crystal - FF11 - BMS

Ragnarok - FF11 - BMS

Gustaberg - FF11 - FMS

Sarutabaruta - FF11 - FMS

The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah - FF11 - FMS

Boss Battle - FF12 - BMS

Esper Battle - FF12 - BMS

Desperate Fight - FF12 - BMS

The Battle for Freedom - FF12 - BMS

The Royal City of Rabanastre / Town Ward Upper Stratum - FF12 - FMS

The Dalmasca Estersand - FF12 - FMS

Fighting Fate - FF13 - BMS

Desperate Struggle - FF13 - BMS

March of the Dreadnoughts - FF13 - FMS

The Archylte Steppe - FF13 - FMS

We Have Arrived - FF Type-0 - BMS

Etro's Champion - FF13-2 - BMS

Somnus - FFV13 - FMS

The last three tracks are categorized under "Final Fantasy Series" and the only mention of their games of origin is on the DLC menu when purchasing them.

As for songs on the game itself... in order of BMS - FMS - EMS

FF1

Battle

Main Theme

Opening Theme

FF2

Battle Theme 2

Main Theme

The Rebel Army

FF3

Battle 2

Eternal Wind

Elia, the Maiden of Water

FF4

Battle With The Four Fiends

Main Theme of Final Fantasy IV

Theme of Love

FF5

Battle at the Big Bridge

Four Hearts

Home, Sweet Home

FF6

The Decisive Battle

Terra's Theme

Celes's Theme

FF7

One-Winged Angel

Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII

Aerith's Theme

FF8

The Man with the Machine Gun

Blue Fields

Waltz for the Moon

FF9

Battle 1

Over the Hill

Behind the Door

FF10

Fight With Seymour

Mi'hen Highroad

SUTEKI DA NE (Isn't It Wonderful?)

FF11

Awakening

Ronfaure

FFXI Opening Theme

FF12

Clash of Swords

Giza Plains

Theme of the Empire

FF13

Saber's Edge

The Sunleth Waterscape

Defiers of Fate

In addition, there are four songs only available in Challenge mode.

Searching for Friends - FF6 - FMS

Dancing Mad - FF6 - BMS

Let the Battles Begin! - FF7 - BMS

Blinded By Light - FF13 - BMS

You can also unlock the Chaos Shrine-only songs for play in Challenge mode, albeit at a single level.

FMS

Mt. Gulg - FF1

Within the Giant - FF4

Mambo de Chocobo - FF5

Judgement Day - FF7

BMS

Battle 1 - FF4

Battle to the Death - FF6

JENOVA - FF7

Something to Protect - FF9

There are also Opening and Ending themes if you play in Series mode; you can unlock them in the Music Player as well, though some are playable in the Chaos Shrine.

FF1

Prelude

End Theme

FF2

Prelude

Finale

FF3

Prelude

The Everlasting World

FF4

Prelude

Epilogue

FF5

Main Theme of Final Fantasy V

Ending Theme

FF6

Omen

Balance is Restored

FF7

The Prelude

Ending Credits

FF8

Overture

Ending Theme

FF9

A Place to Call Home

Melodies of Life ~ Final Fantasy

FF10

Zanarkand

SUTEKI DA NE (Isn't It Wonderful?) Orchestra Version

FF11

Vana'diel March

Vana'diel March #2

FF12

FINAL FANTASY "FFXII VERSION"

Ending Movie

FF13

FINAL FANTASY XIII - The Promise

Ending Credits

If there's one thing that makes me a bit sad about this game it's how it limits itself in terms of songs at times. I'm not talking new songs I'm talking existing ones. FF12's ending theme appears in series mode as the conclusion theme and again in Chaos Shrine as a battle theme. I'd love to just play it as a battle theme outside and the same for some of the other songs which are 'intro' or 'outro' exclusive.

In addition I dislike how the Chaos Shrine only has about....13-16 songs at times really feels limiting and kinda kills the fun at times when I end up playing the same compilations at times.

at times I use the phrase "at times" a little too often. at times. :lol:

Rather it could tell me whether there were new shards available in the songs too.

I'm kinda hoping the inclusion of some characters are hints for playable characters in a future Dissidia game since the main roster and most of the abilities are copy-pasted from it. Would love for Snow to be playable.

He is, iirc. And I think there's an ability that will do just what you want there. Or rather, tell you the items in that Dark Note or something.

Woah, hold the phone what do you know?

I'd never even heard of anything about a third Dissidia other than a desire for one to be made sometime.