OCR02504 - MapleStory "Sunrise over Maridia"

djpretzel

oh the nostalgia, I've played maplestory back in the year 2005, on and off, the many hours of grinding on this track brings back a lot of memories.

the synths, the acoustics, the melody, and vibe is just fantastic. top notch stuff. It is relaxing and very pleasant to listen to on any occasion. A job well done.

I STILL play MS every now and then, when I'm not creeping on forums or running a website or (as is more common) playing music or other video games. Forget homework, don't bother with it. This song brings back memories...which makes me wish I had bothered putting MapleStory on my new computer.

EDIT: Oh, wait. I just remembered. I WANTED TO BE THE FIRST REMIXER OF THIS GAME! I'd describe my style sorta like Level 99s (but currently nowhere near as refined), and I found the PERFECT base track while playing. Ah well, I didn't want to have to accept second, but meh, I concede defeat.

Edited by StreetFlare
I remembered something.

It is very hard to get the source material for MMORPGS that do not have ogg or mp3 files in their directory.

But I enjoy Maple Story as well as this remix.

I been on the NA Maple Story since it began, and am still on it on this day. The soundtrack made by Wizet is awesome. Hope more remixes come of this game and other MMO games as well.

Kudos to Level 99 and Liquid Wind (Welcome to the OCR scene) for this relaxing remix.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I'd completely forgotten the source you used for this, which surprises me given how much better it was than most of the music on that continent. I was deeply involved with MapleStory for years, and I'm glad to see someone tackle something from the game. There are some real gems in the soundtrack, and the nostalgia's not unwanted. I don't suppose you could be convinced to try something from the deep Ludibrium dungeon or Sharenian Castle? :D

MapleStory was my first MMO ever! <3 this rings so many tinkly little bells in my head!

This is a conservative remix, as people have said, but I think it brings the essence of the original out - pretty, emerald forest with lots of magics - and relaxing :) I really like how you've brought in an analog acoustic guitar sound to this track, and it seems to mimic the actual acoustic guitar used in the original track. (P.S. listened to this from tinny MacBookPro speakers so ehehe ^_^'' )

-ddM

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02504 - MapleStory "Sunrise over Maridia"