NEW TORRENTS are FINALLY out! ReMixes 1-2500 AVAILABLE!

Liontamer

First of all I want to say I've been a longtime fan of OverClocked ReMix for over a decade and have appreciated everything this community has done. I'm not very involved with the community itself, but I do lurk around from time to time and appreciate everything you guys do. Larry, you're one of the good ones. :)

So anyway, I just registered today because while integrating this marvelous torrent of music into my iTunes library I stumbled upon one big problem with one of the ReMixes.

Our very own djpretzel's EarthBound 'Twoson Hits the Road' ID: OCR01427 has the last 36 seconds chopped off of it! Turns out it's not actually a problem with the torrent, but a problem that is site-wide with the database. All the mirrors and the MD5 checksum match the shorter, corrupt version that is 2 minutes 43 seconds long. However, if you preview the song on YouTube, you get the full 3:19 version.

I felt obligated to let you guys know! I hate to see such an awesome torrent (and awesome ReMix) have a glaring flaw.

First of all I want to say I've been a longtime fan of OverClocked ReMix for over a decade and have appreciated everything this community has done. I'm not very involved with the community itself, but I do lurk around from time to time and appreciate everything you guys do. Larry, you're one of the good ones. :)

So anyway, I just registered today because while integrating this marvelous torrent of music into my iTunes library I stumbled upon one big problem with one of the ReMixes.

Our very own djpretzel's EarthBound 'Twoson Hits the Road' ID: OCR01427 has the last 36 seconds chopped off of it! Turns out it's not actually a problem with the torrent, but a problem that is site-wide with the database. All the mirrors and the MD5 checksum match the shorter, corrupt version that is 2 minutes 43 seconds long. However, if you preview the song on YouTube, you get the full 3:19 version.

I felt obligated to let you guys know! I hate to see such an awesome torrent (and awesome ReMix) have a glaring flaw.

Thanks for the catch. Not sure what happened with this one, as the WAV I have said 3:18 when viewing the file in Windows Explorer (and still does), but is indeed 2:43 when you actually load it up in WinAmp. There could have been some sort of corruption when downloading that one, but it'll be fixed.

Yeah, but my point is you can't really call it 1-1000 if there aren't a thousand songs, can you?

Yes you can. It is all the available remixes from 1 to 1000. Don't overcomplicate it. -_-

In case it's unclear, each remix has an ID number. The number is whatever nth remix it is on the site. Remix 1000 is the 1000th remix to be posted.

The torrent is all remixes from the first remix (remix 0001) to the 1000th remix (remix 1000).

First to 1000th.

1-1000

Thanks, Larry!

Is there a list somewhere of which posted remixes are from projects? I've downloaded every song in the torrents for seeding purposes, but since I already have all the project tracks, I see no need to keep duplicates in my iTunes library. Unfortunately, the "Display Duplicates" function doesn't work because the tracks are named differently. Sure, I can go through 2,355 tracks manually, but if this work has already been done I'd prefer to benefit from that. :grin:

Thanks, Larry!

Is there a list somewhere of which posted remixes are from projects? I've downloaded every song in the torrents for seeding purposes, but since I already have all the project tracks, I see no need to keep duplicates in my iTunes library. Unfortunately, the "Display Duplicates" function doesn't work because the tracks are named differently. Sure, I can go through 2,355 tracks manually, but if this work has already been done I'd prefer to benefit from that. :grin:

Load the group up in Mp3tag, sort the Comments alphabetically, and look for ones that begin with "http". If the mix is from an album of some sort with a homepage, I'd usually include it. From there, you'd have to manually look through what you have and don't have, and many of those designations are also of non-OCR albums, but that's the easiest way to start sorting through it.

Load the group up in Mp3tag, sort the Comments alphabetically, and look for ones that begin with "http". If the mix is from an album of some sort with a homepage, I'd usually include it. From there, you'd have to manually look through what you have and don't have, and many of those designations are also of non-OCR albums, but that's the easiest way to start sorting through it.

Ah, thanks for the tip. A "smart playlist" in iTunes seems to do the trick. I filtered by Album ("http://ocremix.org") and Comment (starts with "http://"). To save others the effort of culling the resultant 411-track list, here's what I came up with: OCRemixes From Projects. I imagine such a list could come in handy for more than my current purposes. :)

While looking through these tracks, I also came across a few minor issues:

• 0028 - Sinergia
    "Sinergia" is actually the band name. On the track list for the album Apoyando la Demencia, the song is called "Pac-Man".
  • 2087 - The Fall of Iselia
    Comments refer to the game, "Tales of Symphonia", rather than the project, "Summoning of Spirits".
  • 2399 - Duality
    2400 - Vile Needs to Galvanize
    These tracks' comments refer to the project as simply "Maverick Rising", where others from the same project prefix it with "Mega Man X: ".
  • 2440 - High Voltage
    The comments incorrectly reference "Mega Man 9: Back in Black" instead of the proper "Back in Blue".

I hope this helps!