OC ReMix Publishes Free Impulse OST by Meteo Xavier!

Liontamer

OC ReMix Publishes Free Impulse OST by Meteo Xavier!

October 18, 2012

FAIRFAX, VA-Impulse, a spaceshooter/puzzle title developed by Deck16 for Windows, was released earlier this year for free download. Today, OverClocked ReMix has released the contributions of Meteo Xavier to the game's soundtrack for free. BitTorrent download at http://ocremix.org/album/40/impulse-original-soundtrack-12-followersmeteo-xavier.

This marks the fifth time OverClocked ReMix, a community primarily focused on fan arrangements of video game music, has published an original soundtrack on behalf of a game developer. Impulse Original Soundtrack (12 Followers/Meteo Xavier) features the nine contributions composed by Meteo Xavier, OC ReMixer and independent composer, alongside a pair of remixes by Brian Ali and Nabeel "Neblix" Ansari. OC ReMix will continue to publish more free game soundtracks on behalf of interested game developers and publishers in the future, providing convenient hosting and free promotion.

"I haven't gotten to work on a spacey-puzzle game like this before and I'm still extremely excited I got to," said Meteo Xavier. "This meant I could experiment with very different textures, structures, and all kinds of fun stuff I could practice where I couldn't before. This is the first production I've ever done where I had full artistic freedom, could use all my highest-quality sets, and make no compromises for sound quality."

Impulse is described by Perth, Australia developer Deck16 as "a cross between Super Meat Boy and Lunar Lander and N+ and Asteroids." It is a simple game where you push a craft toward the end goal while dodging a variety of enemies, obstacles and level designs that resemble mini-golf courses. A free level editor is included to design your own missions.

Links

About OverClocked ReMix

Founded in 1999, OverClocked ReMix is an organization dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of video game music as an art form. Its primary focus is ocremix.org, a website featuring thousands of free fan arrangements, information on game music and composers, resources for aspiring artists, and a thriving community of video game music fans.

###

40-124.jpg