OCR02536 - Pokémon Ruby Version "120 Ways to Chill Out"

djpretzel

Ah, the Route 120 theme. That, along with the GSCs Route 42 theme, RBY's Fuchsia to Lavender theme, BW's Route 12 theme, and DPPt's Route 206 theme, make up my list of pretty damn epic music from the series.

Each gen seems to have this one route with music that just makes you go "FUCK YEAH, TIME TO WALK LIKE A BOSS" through all that tall grass. And you just know any pokémon that dares to interrupt that music is going to pay.

I definitely hear some WillRock and halc influence here ;) If the intro was inspired by Slowpoke Shuffle, you should know that this is better than slowpoke shuffle :)

Pretty sure there is a Ben Briggs shout out here somewhere as well.

Track was solid, altho I didn't like the piano. It sounded thin, tinny and actually hurt my ears through an overemphasis on highs. Thats my only production crit. Didn't seem as much of a problem during the low velocity arps tho.

Anywaysz, nice job, keep the pokemans coming! :D

• 3 months later...

Man, this is a fun remix : D

I love the treatment you gave the source. This was also one of my favorite route themes from Ruby and Sapphire, and I'm glad the music isn't going unappreciated. In my opinion, the 3rd generation has some of the best music in the series, including the remixes in FR and LG, but that could be because I'm a sucker for the sounds/instruments they used on the GBA.

Classy chiptune break in the middle. Those always sound good no matter what kind of song you're doing. You use the piano in this mix very well, too. The overall synth use was really good - I especially like the bass and the bass writing in this song. It's used in a catchy way, but still supports the song very well.

Nice outro with the piano. I don't think you could have ended in it any better. Good job!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Would it be too much of a stretch for me to say that TGH is a Pokémon master at this point? Well, at least musically, I'd say. Cute little chiptune ReMix that builds nicely and varies up the melody throughout the play time. Wonderful arrangement, fella. I love it.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02536 - Pokémon Ruby Version "120 Ways to Chill Out"