RWS 1-3 - ReMixing With the Stars: Season 1 Episode 3: Special edition!

MindWanderer

Out of interest MW; do you make the novice/star pairings randomly or do you choose them yourself?
Randomly. It's mentioned in the rules post, briefly. I don't want to play favorites, especially since I'll hopefully be able to participate myself someday. Otherwise I'd have paired Tuberz and DusK for this one already. Two rocking guitarists, Dark Man meets Boomer Kuwanger? Yes please.

Randomly. It's mentioned in the rules post, briefly. I don't want to play favorites, especially since I'll hopefully be able to participate myself someday. Otherwise I'd have paired Tuberz and DusK for this one already. Two rocking guitarists, Dark Man meets Boomer Kuwanger? Yes please.

Didn't it used to be that a Novice could choose a Star preference?

Looks like you missed the [thread=37157]Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet[/thread].

No, I included the robot masters in those. Otherwise I would have left off Yamato, Dust, Top, and some other characters. I only included the robot master stage music and not the wily / cossack / mr. x stage music. I prolly still messed something up though. In any case its a good list to choose from if you happen to be a novice.

On a side note, I would also prefer if I randomly got a Star that uses Logic. The possibility for me to improve would increase then :)

Well even though Geoffio chose Tomahawk... I'm still mixing him :) That's what I get from trying to do it from memory lol

Didn't it used to be that a Novice could choose a Star preference?
I tried that in the pilot, but it didn't work out well. Nobody expressed any preferences, probably because I discouraged it because I was too afraid it would end up being a "Who's the best remixer" popularity contest. Besides, over a whole season, consistent participants will end up working with almost everyone eventually.
No, I included the robot masters in those. Otherwise I would have left off Yamato, Dust, Top, and some other characters. I only included the robot master stage music and not the wily / cossack / mr. x stage music. I prolly still messed something up though. In any case its a good list to choose from if you happen to be a novice.
Ah, sorry. Yeah, I saw Tomahawk and Spark and thought you missed the whole thing.

I'm glad someone has already made a pick from Mega Man V, the Game Boy games need more love. Also Wily Wars--Buster Rod G and Mega Water S are personal favorites.

I'm glad someone has already made a pick from Mega Man V, the Game Boy games need more love. Also Wily Wars--Buster Rod G and Mega Water S are personal favorites.

MMV has better music than a lot of the normal MM games imo.

But I also think that the GB version of Air Man is better than the NES one, so I'm probably just battynuggets.

Current roster:

Novices

Cash and Change: Elec Man

shadow24: Tomahawk Man

jnWake: MM1, Wily Boss

Trism: Skull Man

Tuberz McGee: Dark Man

Zerothemaster: Neptune

Stars

ectogemia: ????

wildfire: Optic Sunflower

DusK: Boomer Kuwanger

hakstock: Vanishing Gungaroo

Could still use a couple more Stars, and a source choice from ectogemia.

I'm in. 10chars
Thanks. Please give me a source from a Mega Man X game to write down for you. Or I can just roll 2d8 and pick a random Maverick from a random game--or some up with something a little more sophisticated to cover all the possible sources. Same goes for ectogemia: If he doesn't give me a source, I'll pick one randomly.

@wildfire: Hm... I don't want people to sit out, either, but this is supposed to be a compo, and while it's more for the novices than the stars, I like to think that the stars are competing for "best mentor" as well. I'm certainly going to run some statistics to that effect at the end of each season.

I guess the most important thing is that the novices who want to participate are able to do so, as long as you're 100% sure you have enough time to give both of them your full attention. So for this time, we'll try it, if we don't get enough Star signups. I will ask you to give me a second Mega Man X source for the second "you," though.

@wildfire: Hm... I don't want people to sit out, either, but this is supposed to be a compo, and while it's more for the novices than the stars, I like to think that the stars are competing for "best mentor" as well. I'm certainly going to run some statistics to that effect at the end of each season.

I guess the most important thing is that the novices who want to participate are able to do so, as long as you're 100% sure you have enough time to give both of them your full attention. So for this time, we'll try it, if we don't get enough Star signups. I will ask you to give me a second Mega Man X source for the second "you," though.

Cool. I'll do my best if you need me to double up. My alter-ego's choice is Chill Penguin.

Sorry for the delay, life called. Pairings are done!

Pairings

• Cash and Change (
Elec Man) with ectogemia (Sigma 1st, MMX6)
shadow24 (Tomahawk Man) with Rozovian (Flame Mammoth)
HeavenWraith (Metal Man) with DusK (Boomer Kuwanger)
Trism (Skull Man) with hakstock (Vanishing Gungaroo)
Tuberz McGee (Dark Man) with wildfire (Chill Penguin)
Zerothemaster (Neptune) with wildfire (Optic Sunflower)

Sorry, no Dark Man/Boomer Kuwanger guitar extravaganza (though don't let me keep you from a bonus mix!), but I'm pretty dark excited about these anyway. Mix on!

Woopz, sorry, I didn't get back to this thread til just now, otherwise I'd have picked a robot guy D:

Good to know you haven't dropped off the face of the earth. And the source I randomly rolled is surprising good and should go really well with Elec Man.

Gotta love Mega Man--you can pick a source using a random number generator and usually it'll be awesome.