JRPG/Glitch VGM

Calum

Just working on a new track for a game called Escalated Strange. As is kinda similar to the art style, I'm going for a sort of glitched up beautiful sound that kinda has a traditional japanese orchestral sound as well (think Okami):

http://soundcloud.com/calumbowen/lonely-fountain

Here's the Devlog on TIGSource if anyone's interested: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=21232.0

The way wet and dry sounds are mixed as well as smooth and rough is really nice. The percussive marimba/mallet/drop sound is gorgeous. It reminds me of Schala's theme and Heaven's Tower. Such a chill song and a treat for the ears. I might just have to favorite it on Soundcloud.

The way wet and dry sounds are mixed as well as smooth and rough is really nice. The percussive marimba/mallet/drop sound is gorgeous. It reminds me of Schala's theme and Heaven's Tower. Such a chill song and a treat for the ears. I might just have to favorite it on Soundcloud.

Thanks man. I was wrestling with the dry/wetness of the prod (with lots of advice from Ectogemia!) so it's good to hear that you think the balance is good on that front. Ah yeah, that was using some synth on logic called klopfgeist but it's just super low decay/sustain on some nice pure waveform (maybe my one was sine... don't know really) with some big reverb and little delay and you'll get it. (Someone correct me if my advice on that front is wrong).

First time I've heard both of the tracks you referenced but you're totally right!! These are cool. Thanks!