Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Liontamer

OCR02539 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES) 'The Submap Emissary'

7 posts in this topic

What did you think? Post your opinion of this ReMix.

That guitar..it is of such stuff that legendary journeys and epic adventures are made of!

Damn, man, I was not expecting that at all after the Disco Train ReMix and Link to the Piano, but boy, looks like Zylance gets the award for biggest spectrum jump in genres. Grand, adventurous, and emotionally epic, this screams like something that would be in a Donkey Kong Country 3 movie. And that guitar was amazing. Giving something so wondrous a bit of an edge with the electric guitar was a sweet touch. A good example of a more liberal ReMix being great.

I was really impressed with this track! Epic guitar, solo piano, and choirs all in one piece that doesn't sound mashed together. Definitely one of my favorites from the album!

I don't hear Stickerbush Symphony, but it did always seem like that acoustic guitar riff at 4:13 sounded was an ode to the Smash Bros. Brawl theme. Seems almost intentional given the name of this mix :P

Edit: meant "acoustic," not "electric" -- no idea what caused me to make that typo :P