Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Liontamer

OCR02544 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES) 'Kingfisher's Stream'

11 posts in this topic

What did you think? Post your opinion of this ReMix.

What? No comments on this one yet? That's a shame. It's a fantastically groovy chilled-house number, and toward the end there's one of my very favorite moments on the album, with the extension of the melody. Top-notch stuff!

The waterfall levels always had a surreal and cool sound to them, so I'm glad to hear that taken even further here. Halc's chiptune style and Mattias's style blend so well together in this track. Did I hear "halc" and "anso" in the background around the warped section around the 2:38 and 2:46 mark, or was that just my mind playing tricks on me? Either way, fantastic work on this beautiful source.

I think this was really, really cool. Dark, mysterious and playful at the same time.

Great remix. What do you expect from these two? 1:47's my favourite part.

I have to ask - does the remix title have anything to do with halcyons and Mattias' name, or is it just a coincidence?

The waterfall levels always had a surreal and cool sound to them, so I'm glad to hear that taken even further here. Halc's chiptune style and Mattias's style blend so well together in this track. Did I hear "halc" and "anso" in the background around the warped section around the 2:38 and 2:46 mark, or was that just my mind playing tricks on me? Either way, fantastic work on this beautiful source.

You did hear it! ;)

I have to ask - does the remix title have anything to do with halcyons and Mattias' name, or is it just a coincidence?

It's not a coincidence and I'm really happy someone caught on!

Yes! I score! *fists the air victoriously*

Fantastically layered! A not quite pixelised but still pleasantly glitchy waterway. c:

Man, I love this so much! I also like how ethnic-influenced intro evolves into something pretty house-y. And when I heard how the piece slows down and the bass becomes grittier and robotic voice says "halc" and thet "AnSo", I was totally blown away. Awesome relaxing track.

Halc has some great remixes, but I think he really shines when he's collaborating. He manages to seamlessly blend in his style while also bringing out the best in the other mixer/composer. That's exactly what happened here, and the result is simply fantastic.