OCR02547 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES) "Blast Beatdown"

Liontamer

This one caught me off-guard; I was looking forward to it based purely on the zircon + tefnek collaboration, but I didn't realize that it'd become on of my favorite tracks on the album. It's just so freaking intense and there's so much going on. Lord, that bass at the beginning is just so HEAVY. Great work, guys!

Hands down, one of my favorite ReMixes off of this album. And with Tefnek and Zircon mixing it up, especially in the factory, you knew that this was going to kick so much ass. So gritty, dirty, dark and powerful. And when that main riff hit, it was like a punch in the brain. It just has that menacing mechanical sound that you would expect, but so much more. Yeah, it just further proves that when you need intense and evil levels pushed to the max, you call Tefnek and Zircon.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

This is why I love this album: the style of tracks varies from hard-hitting electronica to tropics-inspired juicy goodness. Right from the intro I was hooked by the gritty bass and synth, later accompanied by heavy drums. And when and kinda speeds up at 0:57 and then it explodes with energy, my mind was blown away. I love the second "chorus" more, though. While it may be repeatitive a bit and liberal as well, I love this to death. This is one of the best tracks representing the "dark" side of the album. Awesome work, guys!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02547 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES) "Blast Beatdown"