FL Studio Remix Gauntlet -- Round 8 starts now, Round 6 results

Jason Covenant

so i was working on my wip and suddenly FL decided it doesn't want to play audio.

None of my midi notes are making noises.

Anybody have a suggestion? I don't think I did anything that would screw it up...

edit: goddamnit nevermind I'm just not observant at all. Carry on.

Edited by Zerothemaster

I have no issue with including SliceX, but the point of the compo, as I understand it, is that you can only use plugins or samples from the demo version of FL which does not include SliceX.

So if we're going to be purists, no SliceX. If we're going to be pragmatists, SliceX. I vote for the latter.

Edited by ectogemia

I really think we should allow SliceX as well, since it's included with the Producer edition, but that's just my $0.02.

I think the point was that people who don't *own* FL could have a chance to participate in the compo and download the demo version and get in on it if they wanted to. SliceX won't translate to the demo version since it's not included, making it inaccessible for someone who can't shell out the $200 for the producer edition at the moment

Right, but it includes the demo version of slicex, and all of our team has Slicex already so it's a nonissue for us.

I mean, if I were doing this over, I'd have no issue using slicer. It's just, it didn't even occur to me that slicex wasn't included in FL free, and now I've got all this elaborate drum break stuff that I'd have to port over. xP If need be, yeah, I can bite the bullet and go do that, but I'd just really prefer not to, especially if it doesn't even sound any different in the end ^^;

Sorry I didn't get to responding to this earlier, but it's been a busy week. Looks like you guys resolved it without me though. Nice work. DDR, there's a list in the original post of things you can and can't use.

I mean you can do what SliceX does without using SliceX. It just makes it faster. So nothing in the mp3 will sound much different, if at all, whether you use it or not.

That's kinda the whole point -- that it's more challenging with the limitations placed on the tools we're using while still trying to achieve the same results one would with more powerful tools.

The reason for using the demo version as the standard is that it's free and still contains many easy-to-use tools. Indeed, what PH said.

The reason for using the demo version as the standard is that it's free and still contains many easy-to-use tools. Indeed, what PH said.

The other reason (or at least the one that makes sense to me) is so that anyone can join in listening to the flps and not just the people who paid money for FL. This way someone could just download the demo and join in the voting or whatevs

The other reason (or at least the one that makes sense to me) is so that anyone can join in listening to the flps and not just the people who paid money for FL. This way someone could just download the demo and join in the voting or whatevs

Except AFAIK the demo version of FL studio also includes the demo version of slicex, which you can still use for listening purposes, so that's a nonissue. Just like how the FL demo projects use Slicex, and Sytrus, and Toxic, and whatever. You just can't save your Slicex work.

Except AFAIK the demo version of FL studio also includes the demo version of slicex, which you can still use for listening purposes, so that's a nonissue. Just like how the FL demo projects use Slicex, and Sytrus, and Toxic, and whatever. You just can't save your Slicex work.

But at least some of those demos will either delete themselves when opened on a demo version or randomly drop out sound because they hate puppies and the smiles on children's faces.

Round 2 Results!

1. Flexstyle - 33 points (33.3%)

2. Sir_NutS - 23 points (23.2%)

3. wildfire - 19 points (19.2%)

4. Modus - 18 points (18.2%)

5. TEAM FAUX VASECTOMY - 6 points (6%)

6. Team GBA - 0 points (0%)

Also, Round 3 is up. About those Round 3 songs...there were two that contained a couple disallowed plugins: ectogemia's and Zerothemaster's entries. Neither were used significantly in their respective mixes so I don't think it's a big deal, but please check the list in the OP when you mix to make sure you aren't, say, using Edison. Voters, you may want to consider the roles of these plugins in the mixes when casting your votes.

Edited by Jason Covenant

About those Round 3 songs...there were two that contained a couple disallowed plugins: ectogemia's and Zerothemaster's entries. Neither were used significantly in their respective mixes so I don't think it's a big deal, but please check the list in the OP when you mix to make sure you aren't, say, using Edison. Voters, you may want to consider the roles of these plugins in the mixes when casting your votes.

Oops :P

I guess I left Edison in there... anyway, I didn't even use it to create the remix. The reason it is in there at all is because I was showing a friend how Edison autodetects loop points, so I used some random mixer track as an example. Looks like I never took it out. So yeah, please do not use that when casting your votes :D It was just an oversight not to take it out after showing my friend some Edison stuff. Again, I didn't use it to write the tune, so I operated within the confines of the compo and all that.

UM, MY PROJECT IS SCREWED UP.

The first track in the playlist labeled "<3" in yellow which contains a sample called "noise" is super messed up. I have no idea why it's like that. I checked my project file on my laptop, and it's as it should be -- just a sampled noise wave I made. Not whatever weird-ass squelchy thing is in my project file in the .zip.

:/

So what do I do about this, Jason? Want me to send you a new project, or do we just advise everyone to vote on my .mp3, not my project file?