Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason Covenant

FL Studio Remix Gauntlet -- Round 8 starts now, Round 6 results

433 posts in this topic

Thank god that's over. Team, I've set you up for redemption. By the power of goat, let us not get last place.

Oh and please somebody pick a Banjo-Kazooie series tune :] It's kind of dopey music but I loooooove that series. Nuts and Bolts included.

Donkey Konga anyone?

I can go for my team, if no one minds. I don't have a source in mind though, so feel free to offer some suggestions.

I can go for my team, if no one minds. I don't have a source in mind though, so feel free to offer some suggestions.

Sure, go for it. I can't think of many games that have an instrument in the title though.

Sega Bass Fishing

Bazooka Bill

La Magia de la Musica del Piano del Bebe: Aprende Numeros, Colores, y Canta

7518-1.jpg

Someone do this one please.

Sample:

I foresee all Zelda tunes. Too bad other musical terms don't count, or most of the Castlevania games would be in.

Also Mega Man & Bass counts.

Edit: Hmm, you could probably do something good with Cobra Triangle. Or Nobunaga's Ambition: Iron Triangle.

Edited by MindWanderer

I feel like you could do a pretty sick arrangement of

but that's just a suggestion.

Either way, GOOD LUCK AND GODSPEED.

OP has been updated with new scores. Spreadsheet forthcoming.

Rounds 7-9 will have some additional rules. Each round from here on will grant an additional 100 points added to the score of the winner. So if a track wins with 34.7% of the vote, it'll get 347 points plus the 100 point bonus for a total of 447 points.

In round 9, points will be doubled after applying this bonus. (This applies to everyone, not just the winner.) Why? Round 9 will have the same rules we've been following up to this point but with a (fun) twist. That twist will require FL Studio-specific know-how and will make the round more difficult. It only seems fair to double the points. Time allowed will also be double. (Two weeks.) I recommend a lot teamwork and selecting a capable primary mixer for round 9.

Needless to say, there's a lot of chances for reaching your team's score goals in the upcoming rounds.

Edited by Jason Covenant

I chose the Temple of Time theme from OOT. We'll see how it goes.

Nice choice! :nicework:

Nice! Looking forward to it!

I'll go this round. I'm gonna remix Robot Museum; it's the opening stage to Mega Man & Bass:

the game is on both SNES and GBA, and the song is essentially the same

Mine ended up being a dance version of the Temple of Time and the main Zelda theme.

Hope everyone's ready to dance in their seats!

I am on the edge of my seat! How has this week gone? :puppyeyes:

And I'm stuck in this seat for a 3 hour lecture. I'd love to know what the theme is this week so I can utilize this time effectively :D

Sorry, been a little under the weather so I didn't get to the uploading right away and now it's taking forever. As soon as things are up, I'll post them (and the results.)

For this week, you can remix the title theme from any game that shares the first letter of your forum name. I'll explain the concept behind the theme in a little bit. Go ahead and get started.

Edited by Jason Covenant

Jackpot.

Maaaario 8O

1up edit: Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon

Edited by Modus

Jackpot.

Maaaario 8O

1up edit: Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon

^^bingo.

Myself? If I could use my full suite, Earthbound, no question. With FL shit only... EVO? Evermore, Secret of?

3up edit: EVO. Holy shit, dat title theme.

Edited by ectogemia

This is really difficult, limiting it to the title theme. I totally missed that part.

We've officially entered tournament expert mode.

Round 6 Results!

1. Sir_NutS - 23 points (31.1%)

2. Phonetic Hero - 21 points (28.4%)

3. Flexstyle - 17 points (23.0%)

4. TheRexAsaurous - 13 points (17.6%)

5. Team Goat Rotisserie - 0 points (0%)

5. Team GBA - 0 points (0%)

Another close round. Round 7 is up. There were only 3 entries turned in for round 7, which means the rules will be a little different. If your team turned in a mix, you are allowed to vote for your own team. You won't have to share first place points, since, your team got their mix in. For everyone else, voting is still the same.

Modus, I suggest perusing some alphabetized game lists or just browsing vgmusic.com

Edited by Jason Covenant

I believe you swapped TheRexAsaurous with my name. Same team though, so it really doesn't make a difference.

I believe you swapped TheRexAsaurous with my name. Same team though, so it really doesn't make a difference.

Sorry. It's fixed now. I've been fighting an ear infection thingy and my head has just been in a haze.