Saga Frontier II - WEIHALTER Type-R

Rukunetsu

Awesome drums, man. The track flows well with them, going from early dubstep/garage like groove to breakbeats and pretty seamlessly. It's rather conservative on the arrangement (sounds like you even sampled the same strings) but it's a nice chill track like most of your other stuff.

Thanks much CC - But I must admit the strings were indeed sampled for this mix (Everything else was added manually). It was really something that was spur of the moment though, and intended to be more of a quick mix; thus the very conservative arrangement.

It sound pretty good for a spur-of-the-moment mix. I wish I had your drum kits :lol:

The percussion sounds really nice. I especially liked the clap near 0:40.

The phaser on the pads was a pretty good idea. It got to be too much eventually, though, so this song sounds the same throughout.

The 1:02 transition was cool.

Maybe you could expand on this more? It sounds like some of it looped.

Thanks for the listen/critique m'friend - and yes, it was actually looped(hence the sound sounding the same throughout). Was really intended to be something simple that someone could perhaps rap to someday or something; however, I'm quite open to building on it more as you pointed out, especially if someone were interested in actually doing something with it.

*takes note to avoid future Phaser abuse lol*

I have no qualms with your style, though, yeah, you would need more there if you want something OCR-worthy. You got close with your Dragonball Z mix, though. In the second part of your Saga Frontier track, I would like to hear a sub-bass being put there as a simple counter-melody.

One interesting bit of information I read in the submissions guidelines, sampling music or SFX from Square-Enix games is not allowed :o

I have no qualms with your style, though, yeah, you would need more there if you want something OCR-worthy. You got close with your Dragonball Z mix, though. In the second part of your Saga Frontier track, I would like to hear a sub-bass being put there as a simple counter-melody.

One interesting bit of information I read in the submissions guidelines, sampling music or SFX from Square-Enix games is not allowed :o

: ) Don't worry C - I'm fully aware of the guidelines (and what's OCR-worthy or not) and never post songs like these for submission (i.e Where I do a lot of direct sampling and such). I simply like sharing them with the group here is all. Yes, there's a TON of filling out that could be done with this beat, : 3 but that wasn't the plan this time. Just having some fun with a sample. (This isn't to say I'm not taking the critique in mind now. Believe me, I am.)

I'll be posting a more fleshed out mix soon though, so stay tuned : o