OCR02558 - Final Fantasy X "Silence Before Repentance"

djpretzel

I adore the atmosphere in this song. Especially since these are two of my favorite track in the soundtrack, "Silence Before The Storm" being perhaps one of my all-time favorite game songs.

The synthetic/acoustic blend was very tasteful, I really liked the piano and pads. But the drums seemed like they just happened to be playing at the same time, they don't sit very well in the mix and/or are just way too busy at times. Perhaps the "Silence..." part would've benefited from rhythmic displacement in the melody, but that's just me being nitpicky now.

Anyway, thanks for remixing these songs, it's going to my playlist :)

I know that I'm going against the grain, but I actually think that the drums are a bit too loud in this song--namely the high-hats. A bit quieter, and it would easily blend in with the subtle beauty of the music.

Other than that, I like the mix--especially the transition to a more cheery tone around 3:00.

I know others have already gushed about the atmosphere, but I have to gush more: dat atmosphere. DAT ATMOSPHERE. It's just... it's perfect. And the piano work is gorgeous, simply gorgeous, and fits perfectly with the rest of the track. Intellectually, I know it's a 5+ minute piece, but every time I listen to it when it's over I find myself going, "There's no way that was five minutes, I want more!" ...and that can only be a good thing.

Definitely looking forward to more music from the artist.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Atmosphere that is dark and moody, with some beautifully haunting piano moving things along? Yes please! Five minutes really pass by quickly with this one, it's just so engaging, which is a feat for atmospheric tunes like this. Nice work in getting a little less dark and a bit more wonderous as the mix went on. That was cool. Great debut ReMix, Zoned.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02558 - Final Fantasy X "Silence Before Repentance"