Tell me...

B0unC3

I don't know if this is totally wrong place to ask...

And yeah I'm pretty stressed right now.

A long while ago I posted a WIP remix of tetris, which I got told that it didn't meet some standards here on OC...But I have made a remix of BoF - Alan n cerl too, and I got told that it met the standards here :/.

And since both are trance remixes I never understood what kind of remixes are really allowed here. Can someone please tell me?

Did one of the judges tell you that or just some random person who thinks he knows what the "OCR" standards are?

To tell you the truth, I think it kind of flails wildly around here. I've heard some not-accepted mixes which sound better than some posted remixes.

Maybe you improved between mixes?

• 2 weeks later...

A long while ago I posted a WIP remix of tetris, which I got told that it didn't meet some standards here on OC...But I have made a remix of BoF - Alan n cerl too, and I got told that it met the standards here :/.

And since both are trance remixes I never understood what kind of remixes are really allowed here. Can someone please tell me?

Everything is allowed. However, only the judges know truly what gets accepted and what does not get accepted. The other group to look for real advice from are people who know music (which is judged by their technical ability with music, and the quality of their previous reviews).

Chances are if someone posts and says, "HEY!!!! Nice music! This is awesome! Keep going, it'll get onto OCR for sure!", they don't really know what they're talking about. If someone posts, "There's a great deal of creative arrangement going on here, but I'm noticing issues with the quality of the sounds. Especially at the lower end, your brass sounds really, really dominating and it's drowning out the rest of the mix. I really like the way the flute and the oboe interact with each other at the higher end, though, especially ay 2:15. Bring those out more, and I think this has a very good chance it'll get past the judges.", there's a good chance that the listener knows what they're talking about, and has a stronger grasp of what the OCR standard really is.

Everything is allowed. However, only the judges know truly what gets accepted and what does not get accepted. The other group to look for real advice from are people who know music (which is judged by their technical ability with music, and the quality of their previous reviews).

Chances are if someone posts and says, "HEY!!!! Nice music! This is awesome! Keep going, it'll get onto OCR for sure!", they don't really know what they're talking about. If someone posts, "There's a great deal of creative arrangement going on here, but I'm noticing issues with the quality of the sounds. Especially at the lower end, your brass sounds really, really dominating and it's drowning out the rest of the mix. I really like the way the flute and the oboe interact with each other at the higher end, though, especially ay 2:15. Bring those out more, and I think this has a very good chance it'll get past the judges.", there's a good chance that the listener knows what they're talking about, and has a stronger grasp of what the OCR standard really is.

yeah, basically if you see a member with, like, 20 posts who gives you completely positive info, he's prolly not the dude you want to take advice from.

generally, anyway