OCR02568 - Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask "Dawn of a New Day"

djpretzel

As usual, I don't come out very often unless something really catches my ear. This is absolutely gorgeous. Getting a very strong traditional Irish vibe from this without the standard Irish tropes in some respects. (I love Irish music, this is refreshing). It's been a while since I've found a mix so engrossing. It has a very nice, deep energy to it.

*edit*

Also, listening to the album right now. Great stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Funny story, thought I'd share it. I was taking a walk to do some heavy thinking and to relax on a beautiful Summer day, listening to the perfect song for the occasion, (of course I mean this mix), when I heard kids laughing in the background. I looked around casually to find the source, but I was alone. A few seconds later, I heard it again. Embarassingly, for most of the portion of the song that had those sounds in it, I continued to look for children. It wasn't until I removed my headphones that I realized the truth. On a different note, if Nintendo were to officially release a Majoras Mask movie (I can dream, can't I?), Theophany would udisputedly be the best choice for a soundtrack composer. The ending bit of "Time's End," the final song in his album, with a little tweaking, sounds remarkably like a movie trailer.

• 1 year later...

This mix feels very cinematic, as if it could be in a movie; this is probably due to the realistic background noises which provide a nice touch. Having an actual ocarina playing makes it feel even more real and unique. I really like the closing trumpet as well. Going from peaceful to exciting to joyful, I honestly can't describe the mix better than just beautiful.

Life is good and we should enjoy it; this mix serves to remind us that every dawn of a new day is special.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02568 - Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask "Dawn of a New Day"