Name of games arranged: Halflife 2, Halflife: Opposing Force

Name of arrangement: Fearful Minds

Name of individual songs arranged: LG Orbifold, Alien Forces

Here are links to the source tracks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pAX9HTHkTk

Source breakdown:

0:00-0:22- Original sound design

0:22-1:28- Riffing on the melody from LG Orbifold that starts at 1:07

1:28-2:12- The chord progression/bassline from Alien Forces is played under an original melody

2:12-2:34- The main theme from LG Orbifold returns

2:34-3:09- This section plays around with the bass riff from LG Orbifold that kicks in at 50 seconds

3:09-3:31- The main theme from LG Orbifold again

3:31-End- More vamping over the chords to Alien Forces

The two tracks I remixed here are some of my all-time favorite video game tunes. I did the first half of this track about a year ago and just left it sitting around. I opened up the project file recently and really liked what I heard so I thought I’d finish it. I took a cinematic/ambient approach that evolves into a more driving electronica sound.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m keeping it short and sweet. Brent's arrangement was excellent and pieced together the two themes well. I liked how this track had tons of variations, just like both sources, to keep things fresh throughout. Really enjoyed the percussion choices, instrumental variations and laid-back vibe here. The bowed string samples strained for realism but were more than serviceable. Otherwise, everything else pretty much clicked. Everything really morphed and evolved subtly but nicely.

YES

Larry's right here; the arrangement is pretty fluid between the two sources, and there's a lot of personalization here. The sound choices are very good and fit the style of arrangement well (minus two little weird sounds right in the middle). Drums do well to support the structure.

I'm a little more hesitant on the sting samples, but I think that in the end they do get the job done and the other great aspects of the mix make up for them. Nice work here.

YES

I definitely agree with the soundscape feeling thin in spots, I need some BEEF. I find myself unable to properly BRO OUT when there is no brotein in the soundscapes.

The arrangement does a lot for carrying the track through, and the mood is pretty cool in the more sparse sections.

Not really something to be banging in my car, but I appreciate the cerebral nature of this, and the attention to detail. If the samples were a bit thiker, it'd be even better, but this is definitely passable.

Yes