#22 MindWanderer

MindWanderer

Cammy (+850)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 898 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

2-3 more stars means 2-3 more novices! Sign up if you're tempted!

I don't by any means have time to do a podcast, but if anyone wants to take the reins on that, I'm behind it. If you schedule it for the second week of the month, you could discuss the results of the previous month, maybe interview one or both winners, and then go on to talk about the new month's theme and pairings, build some hype.

#23 Esperado

Esperado

JC Denton (+950)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 991 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul MN

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

is it possible to collabo with people if you use different daws? I feel like its pretty tough

anyways ill sign up for this one in a few weeks! I wanna get some prc under my belt before I take on the bigger challenge :)

#24 Kuolema

Kuolema

Phoenix Wright (+1100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

is it possible to collabo with people if you use different daws? I feel like its pretty tough

anyways ill sign up for this one in a few weeks! I wanna get some prc under my belt before I take on the bigger challenge :)

You can still exchange midis/wavs, and/or provide arrangement/production feedback without the same DAW.
lol, that was a lot of slashes
It can be easier if both people use the same thing, but it all depends on what you need from each other and what you're trying to accomplish, so for this competition it's not particularly essential.

#25 Esperado

Esperado

JC Denton (+950)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 991 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul MN

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

aww what the heck, the idea is to get better anyways , sign me up as a novice !

gleylancer remix from this weeks prc! https://soundcloud.c...ll-3/gleylancer
and some random project. https://soundcloud.c...ter-slampad-wip

i also was thinking it might be fun to try doing the podcast. is there any way i can start a thread discussion some where about it, and if so, where would i put it?

#26 MindWanderer

MindWanderer

Cammy (+850)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 898 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Theme
As we say goodbye to 2012, we remember other things that are no longer with us. All mixes should either:
  • Be based on a source or sources from a series (at least 2 games) that we haven't had a sequel, spinoff, or remake of for at least 10 years, or
  • Use any source, and be done in a genre of music that at least some people would consider "dead" (disco, ska, etc.). Let's not debate this--if there's a decent case for it, it counts.

Pairings
  • Cash and Change with SnappleMan
  • Tuberz McGee with Argle
  • Kuolema with HeavenWraith / ectogemia
  • AlmightyArceus with pu_freak
  • The Eluryahn with DusK
  • Final Kingdom with Flexstyle
  • Shift7 with Prophecy
  • Esperado with hakstock

Since both HeavenWraith and ectogemia seemed a little unsure how much free time they'd have, and only agreed to participate if they were needed, I put both down as Kuolema's partner. I'll let the three of you work out which Star has the most time to devote to this--and if you have to change your mind halfway through, that's fine. Just one star should provide help with the final product, though.

I'd guess that the Community forum would be the best place to discuss a podcast. You can provide a link to it here.

#27 Melbu Frahma

Melbu Frahma

Yoshi (+1400)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Theme
All mixes should either:
Be based on a source or sources from a series (at least 2 games) that we haven't had a sequel or spinoff to for at least 10 years, or

[*]Use any source, and be done in a genre of music that at least some people would consider "dead" (disco, ska, etc.).

Oooh. That's an interesting theme - looking forward to the finished products! Good luck to all.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 The Eluryahn

The Eluryahn

Eggplant Wizard (+50)

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

Just to make sure, it's okay if the game was released over ten years ago, even if it has since been uploaded to something like Steam or re-released on the PS3 network? There are a couple games I'm looking at, but they have been released as a download on the networks sometime in the 2000's.
EDIT: Also, if it must be at least 10 years old, that means some games from GameCube qualify. I suddenly feel old.
Would Skies of Arcadia count? "On December 26, 2002, an enhanced port, Skies of Arcadia Legends was released in Japan for the GameCube. It was subsequently released in North America on January 27, 2003. . ." ~Wikipedia. Technically it was first released on December 26 just over ten years ago.

"Your true face... What kind of... face is it? I wonder... The face under the mask... Is that... your true face?"

~Child in the moon

#29 MindWanderer

MindWanderer

Cammy (+850)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 898 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

Rereleases in which the music hasn't been changed at all, such as Ecco the Dolphin, are fine. Rereleases with auditory "facelifts," such as Final Fantasy IV, are not (even if there hadn't been other FF games that disqualified it anyway). I can't think of an example where the original was remade, that doesn't also have recent sequels.

#30 Esperado

Esperado

JC Denton (+950)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 991 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul MN

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:13 AM

There was some interest in Starting a podcast about the various going ons in the remix contest section of the forums. I figured this is a great way to get involved in the community and make some new freinds in the mean time. I dont know a great deal about podcasting or how to run one, so im opening it up to you all for some ideas and tips/questions

Would it be best if it were just for the remixing with the stars contest ( where the idea was brought up) or would a more broad scope of all the current contest news be preferable?
What time of month would be best? So far its been said that the second week of the month would be best as far as timing goes.
What type of content would you like in the podcast?
Would anyone want to cohost it?

So far interviews with the winners of the previous months contests as well as current pairings and contest updates were content ideas.

Either way, lets brainstorm!

#31 Esperado

Esperado

JC Denton (+950)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 991 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul MN

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:13 AM

http://ocremix.org/f...9316#post899316

posted the thread about the podcast

#32 The Eluryahn

The Eluryahn

Eggplant Wizard (+50)

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

Interviews work. I think that an evaluation of the winning songs would be good. IDK who would host those evaluations, but they could look at theme, use of source, etc.
Perhaps in the interviews with the contestants the host could ask a bit about their background, not going into life stories, but enough to let us get to know each other a bit. Perhaps mention the genres you like, or your favorite OCR artists, things like that.

"Your true face... What kind of... face is it? I wonder... The face under the mask... Is that... your true face?"

~Child in the moon

#33 Tuberz McGee

Tuberz McGee

Guybrush Threepwood (+800)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 835 posts
  • LocationChermside, Brisbane, Australia

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

Exactly what Aaron said.
I'd be interested in helping out... though we could place it JUST after they've been paired for the next round and received their 'theme'.
That way we can ask them about their intentions for the current round. <3
Great ideas folks!
- Callum
Posted ImagePosted Image

#34 DarkeSword

DarkeSword

Judge, Moderator, For Everlasting Peace Director

• Moderators
  • 14,620 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

Merging this back over here. My suggestion was specifically for RWTS because this compo models itself after the TV show in presentation.

#35 MindWanderer

MindWanderer

Cammy (+850)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 898 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

I was hoping to keep it as a separate thread because it's not tied to one episode in particular, and the lifespan of the discussion could easily exceed the lifespan of this episode. I don't want this to be the "podcast thread" that never dies.

#36 SnappleMan

SnappleMan

Project Chaos Co-Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,273 posts
  • Locationbrooklyn

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Hey Chump Change, get off your ass and contact me, we got work to do.
CLICK HERE TO FUCKING ROCK
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

#37 Cash

Cash

Kirby (+1500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,544 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

Hey Chump Change, get off your ass and contact me, we got work to do.

I'd be happy to now that I'm not busy. Check your inbox.

By the way, Chump Change is a neat name, I might use that as an artist name one day. Seriously.
Posted Image
Alias: Cash and Change | SoundCloud | Twitter | Facebook

#38 Esperado

Esperado

JC Denton (+950)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 991 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul MN

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

Anyone who wants to discuss the podcast should PM me, maybe we could set up a group chat on aim or someplace else and discuss it there? just to keep it out of this thread.

#39 pu_freak

pu_freak

BadAss II Co-Director, BadAss Asst. Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationUtrecht, the Netherlands

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

Arceus, PM me whenever you're ready to roll
Released Projects: ARMed and DANGerous, Around the World, BadAss, BadAss 2, Balance & Ruin, Lucid Dreaming, The Missingno Tracks, Summoning of Spirits
Current Projects: BadAss: Volume 3, Secret of Mana, SD3: Songs of Light and Darkness
Posted Image

#40 Ivan Hakštok

Ivan Hakštok

Futebol Arte Director

• Members
  • Pip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationSton, Croatia

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

Anyone who wants to discuss the podcast should PM me, maybe we could set up a group chat on aim or someplace else and discuss it there? just to keep it out of this thread.

You should be thinking more about the entry and less about the podcast :P

PM me with your source selection and questions/ideas as soon as you can so we can get started.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums