OCR02573 - Metal Gear Solid 3 "Innocent Deception"

djpretzel

Wow, this was incredible. Amazing use of the original MGS theme as a transition between verses. I am not entirely convinced by the apparent key change before the last chorus...but since it gets us up to the sweetspot for Claire's voice, it's hard to complain about. The first chorus is more reserved, and that was definitely the right call -- hearing the soloist soar during the final few measures creates a powerful climax to the piece.

Let's hope this is just the first of many powerful, emotive remixes in 2013 -- well done!

Definitely your best mix to date Mansoor, I've been listening to this one ever since it showed up on the WIP forums and it's fantastic. Claire gives a hell of a performance that can hold its own against the original song, which is definitely saying something. You did pretty well with the sequenced instruments, and although it would have been nice to get those guitar parts performed live, this is still a top-tier OCRemix as is.

Stellar!

It has been a year or more since I've logged in to post, but I felt I had to comment on this track because it's just that good. Really, I thought the vocals were the original singer, maybe lifted from the game track. They were clean and powerful, losing none of their growl on those high trills, which is impressive (and difficult, I know). And the incorporation of the many Metal Gear themes into this melody left me wanting more and more and more, just to see what you could do with the other famous tracks from the series. Great work.

It's almost insane how good this is. The opening minute lead-in was nice, but Claire's vocals....holy mother of god, Claire's voice is freaking incredible. This ReMix was a perfect way to start off 2013, with both the voice hammering out those lyrics so powerfully and the music building up behind and around it with such a professional sound. Claire, DJ Mystix, you both did a hell of a job here.

• 2 weeks later...

This song impresses the hell out of me - Dj Mystix did a great job in building the backing, and Claire did an excellent job singing here. It showcases her voice and does not need to deviate much from this since Claire's voice stands out on its own.

Definitely perked my ears when I first heard it, love this!

Edit: If there was one thing I was a bit disappointed in, it is the backing vocals at times - they lack clarity in being able to distinguish the words sung.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02573 - Metal Gear Solid 3 "Innocent Deception"