Sparkster - Stage 1-1/1-3 Metal Remix

DusK

CURRENT VERSION: https://soundcloud.com/itstartsatdusk/rawk-it-night-v2

Original version: https://soundcloud.com/itstartsatdusk/rawk-it-night

Source:

I put this guy forward for DoD's MAGFest Month. It did... eh... okay. I'd like to make it a mixpost on OC ReMix, so all feedback is very welcome.

Edited by DusK

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Not entirely sure, but it might be muddy in the 200-300Hz range. Try dipping it a little there for your guitars if you haven't already, or wherever it is your bass is strongest.

I'm hearing my bass clearly on both my ATH-45's and my crappy seemingly-brandless speakers, so I dunno about that.

Let's see if I can get a mod in here to give an opinion on this piece.

• 2 weeks later...

Starts off clearly sourced. I'm a little concerned it's too much of a cover. There may be a slight difference in genre and sound. :P Beyond that, it feels too conservative.

Production feels pushed a tad too hard. I'm not sure what's in the guitar sounds themselves, and what's a mixdown problem, but it feels too pushed. Maybe you could drop the lead levels slightly. Maybe it's the kick having a bit too much lows. Maybe you should roll off the lows a little higher on things. Maybe there's an unnecessary overdrive somewhere. Maybe the low end is pushing the master compressor too much. Hard to say.

The sound gets old, but its a fairly short track, so it's not that big a problem.

Overall, it's pretty much about whether it's too conservative or not. I'm apparently a terrible judge of that, so I'm not gonna say either way. Cool track regardless. :D

/mr