Kirby's Dream Land 3 - Ripple Field 2

Spi.der.men

Really nice remix, has that very fun, fast pace kirby-esque vibe to it. You should try looking at filling in the bass sounds just a tad more, particularly from around 0:30-0:50. Something like a subtle synth pad could do the trick. I think you could also try adding in a plucked sound throughout, I had in my head a plucked violin/cello sound.

Finally, if you wanted to add a trumpet section in then you could do so with gentle crescendos following the basic chord progression. I find brass can be very difficult to achieve a nice sound, and this piece won't suffer without it, so don't get too hung up about that.

All in all a fantastic remix that could well be near completion, so well done!

• 1 month later...

That bell sound is what is making the dissonance. If you want the dissonance of it, you could put it a little lower in the mix, but it will give a more mysterious sound. At the end when the drums start to pick up with an extra snare beat, you could build up the arrangement, and then drop it. Then you could pick it back up to give it some length, or then end it. It is very nice sounding so far.

Thanks guys! Maybe it's because im mixing two vsts together; one is a bell sound and the other is a synth. I probably need to go under the hood with them and try to make them not clash as much? Or I could lower them more like you said.

I can actually imagine this track in a Kirby game, it has a nice unobtrusive feel to it. Something about the snare sound bothers me.

What about it seems off? I'm just using the standard sound, and if theres anything I can do to make it sound better I would love to hear it! I don't think I know enough to try to mess with it myself and I've been trying to avoid doing it haha.