Pokémon X/Y and OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire (Gen6) (3DS)

Mirby

the legendaries look like sh*t IMO.
I'm excited for the new region and 3D battles and all, but the new Pokémon designs aren't doing anything for me.

The starters don't particularly look bad to me - the grass type actually looks vaguely interesting, and I'm curious to see what it's evolutions will look like. But gotta definitely agree about the legendaries - I think the design team trying to make them look like the letters x and y may have cramped their art style a bit too much.

Wow, this game is looking pretty good. The only starter that looks appealing to me is the fire starter. The grass one looks too much like Oshawott and the water one looks like Mario when he's in a frog suit. Definitely, digging the cel-shaded art style of these games.

Is it just me or does the male character model look a bit like Egoraptor?

I'm still undecided if the names are a reference to DNA or 3d depth (in which case the third game would be called Z).

tumblr_inline_mgb9npaAIx1qiaz42.jpg

Seems to hint at DNA references. Which means the bad guys might try to change Pokemon DNA or something?

Worldwide simultaneous release is great, I might not pick it up first but it is a definite plus.

tumblr_mgb90tMaip1r70e6ho1_500.png

Another rumor is possible trainer customization.

I don't have to expect much, I'm just glad they're making an attempt to make use of 3ds capabilities. Pokemon Colloseum was pretty fun to me so if they bring some of that feel to this new 3d world, I won't be disappointed.

Well, they did put in the disclaimer of it not being final footage. We may still see some changes here and there.

I wonder how many people are complaining about the move to 3DS, because Game Freak once said some time ago they prefer sprites and now they're liars and betrayers for not making the next gen 2D with only spites.

Also, why are the German names for the starters better than the English names? Fynx? Froxy? The fuck? I want those names for my language group.

EDIT: Oh god dam it, internet. It's only been a few hours, and there's already rule 34 of the starters. Fucking fansites, stop posting that shit with misleading titles.

Edited by The Damned

To be perfectly honest, I'm kinda sad that they've broken the reptile theme with the grass starter. I guess I always kinda knew deep down they would abandon it (and serperior already changed the theme from dinosaurs to reptiles), but the new guy has me actually considering choosing one of the other guys. Don't get me wrong, I think Chespin looks great. I guess I'll just have to see what they turn into. This is the first time I've felt like I actually had to make a decision when picking; I've always just defaulted to the grass because I knew I'd like it.

To be perfectly honest, I'm kinda sad that they've broken the reptile theme with the grass starter. I guess I always kinda knew deep down they would abandon it (and serperior already changed the theme from dinosaurs to reptiles), but the new guy has me actually considering choosing one of the other guys. Don't get me wrong, I think Chespin looks great. I guess I'll just have to see what they turn into. This is the first time I've felt like I actually had to make a decision when picking; I've always just defaulted to the grass because I knew I'd like it.

It'll be a monkey dinosaur obviously.

I'm trying to be hopeful as well that the fire one also won't grow up to be fire/fighting. I mean I like that type, it has served me well since I've chosen fire every since Gen 2 (Gen 1 I had Yellow so Pikachu). But three of the last generations we've had fire fighting, it's time for something new, even if it is just plain fire.

I heard someone say it might be fire/psychic because of some move they saw. That would be interesting at least, though I'm not sure if that's really a good secondary typing.