PRC237 - Results: We Want Mega Man For President (Mega Man 7)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 237

PRCv10-03

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Last round was amazing with 8 songs and 11 voters. All remixers voted for the round and it was a requirement for almost all of them to end at the position they ended. Sir NutS got the most votes, Garpocalypse claimed second place and Yami took third place.

Hello Kevin.

For the next PRC, I pick... Mega Man 7 - Burst Man Stage

I know, more Mega Man. We got Mega Man compos, Mega Man projects, Mega man, Mega Man, MEGA MAN. But what can I say, I love all the games, love all the soundtracks, and you can never go wrong with it.

Well, at least I think so. Most of the time when i pick a song that I think is great, there's a low turnout. Let's hope for the best!

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/12-BurstMan.mid

PRC237.jpg

Source: Mega Man 7 (SNES) - Burst Man

MIDI

Wiki

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes). If anyone has problems with uploading songs to ThaSauce let me know (in this thread) and post a download link to your song in this thread (so I can upload it to ThaSauce).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by MONDAY February 4th 2013 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can post it in the thread if that doesn't work.
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  5. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  6. The winner of this round may select the source for PRC238.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

(nut reference)... in forcing another Mega Man mix upon us. However it is a pretty awesome tune, so I'll let slide this time.

Pretty much the way I feel too. Though i guess if one of my favorite IP's was close to being killed off then i'd be doing the same thing. If it didn't already happen i mean.

Valis, Star Gladiator, Earthworm Jim, Ecco, Final Zone, Battle Arena Toshinden, Bushido Blade, Galaxy Force, Mutant League, Rolling Thunder, Samurai Spirits, Streets of Rage, Splatter house, Toejam N' Earl, Parasite Eve and so on...

I like the tune though so i hope to have something for it in a week.

Dude you got a lot of nuts (see what I did there!?) in forcing another Mega Man mix upon us. However it is a pretty awesome tune, so I'll let slide this time.

Boring backstory time!

Mega Man games were my favorite NES games hands down. I fell in love with Mega Man 2 instantly and It's actually the reason I got into remixing (I was searching for mega man 2 songs when I stumbled onto OCR back in 2000).

So when the SNES came out, a little bit later came Mega Man X. and it BLEW MY FUCKING MIND. After that we got X2, and that was awesome too, but I was starting to miss the classic series a bit. Keep in mind, back then (and specially in my country) the only way to know when a game was released was to walk into a store/rental store and see it.

So I go some friday to my favorite rental store as usual, when bam, there it is. Mega Man 7. I didn't check for any other games, I took it home inmediately and played the heck out of it and loved it.

So, Mega Man 7 has a special place for me, also, it ranks very high in my favorite Mega Man OSTs. This track in particular, I loved it since the first time i played the game, and after I got some music skills I tried to remix it but I haven't achieved results that I can be satisfied with (a problem I have with most of my favorite songs, really).

So there you go. Bring some mixes, I know mega man compos/projects/albums have been all over the place lately but this tune (and the game overall) gets little love. I'll really appreciate them.

This track in particular, I loved it since the first time i played the game, and after I got some music skills I tried to remix it but I haven't achieved results that I can be satisfied with (a problem I have with most of my favorite songs, really).

Oh damn, I know that. It's the same with my favorite from Mega Man II (GB), Needle Man, I can't seem to get it remixed in a good way.

I have never really played MM7, I think I played it once, but this was more than 10 years ago. My favorite tune is Shade Man's theme (and I f***in love bats), "unfortunately" there's already a OCR remix covering it

Oh damn, I know that. It's the same with my favorite from Mega Man II (GB), Needle Man, I can't seem to get it remixed in a good way.

I have never really played MM7, I think I played it once, but this was more than 10 years ago. My favorite tune is Shade Man's theme (and I f***in love bats), "unfortunately" there's already a OCR remix covering it

Yeah for me it's a matter of loving the original too much that I find my skills insufficient to do it justice. That's why I have no Castlevania remixes around, either. Sometimes I can get remixes done on games that I have a special place in my heart for, then I look back to them and feel I could have done so much better (my ninja gaiden 2 ocremix, for example). I don't usually do that with remixes I've done about games that don't mean that much to me.

But yeah. I hope to see some remixes this round!

There was a PRC of that tune as well. The best PRC ever, PRC26:

http://doulifee.com/prc/PrcSong/prc.php?prcid=26

Trenthian's song was submitted a while after the contest (in 2006) to OCR.

Im out of this round. my laptop decided it was a perfect time to blow a fan/HD, so while i would've had time otherwise to finish up, i wont with my laptop in for repairs. Ill still participate in the listening part though. Are non entrants allowed to vote?

Absolutely, everyone is encouraged to vote. The more, the better (as long as the voters base their votes on the songs and not on other thinks (like I vote for Sir Nuts because I like the song Introduction to Heaven which he did back in 2004 (or something) so much, and I like the style he uses). The rules pointed out by DarkeSword http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40864 apply, but that should not be a problem. If you vote like you did last round that's fine.

So yes, you are allowed (I vote every round as well :))

Uploaded one! I'm surprised this doesn't have more entries already.

It's weird, but I cannot download the song. I think something went wrong because it's only 4KB. Playing the song at ThaSauce also doesn't work.

Please try to reupload the song. If that doesn't work upload it somewhere else and post a download link in this thread.