OverClocked University - OCR's Official House Band - EP available for purchase at MAGFest this year!

Level 99

Latest info:

1) We'll have an EP available for purchase soon! Buy it from us in person or via bandcamp when it is released. We'll have 1000 physical CDs as well as digital distribution. The album will be released 1/3/14.

2) Our next show is MAGFest! We play Friday, January 3rd at the Gaylord National Harbor. 4PM on Second Stage. We will be debuting two new live arrangements and will be selling our new EP for the first time ever there.

-------------------------------------

Welcome to OverClocked University!

As this is the first day of class, please take a seat and we'll go over the course syllabi:

Who We Are:

OverClocked University is a group of performing musicians made of up a handful of OverClocked ReMix veterans, who perform at OCR panels and various conventions. They arrange video game songs, both familiar and obscure, with a penchant for rock arrangements. As of now, the band consists of four core performing musicians:

OA/Andrew Luers - Guitars

Level 99/Stevo Bortz - Guitars

diotrans/Amy Hsieh - Violin

DragonAvenger/Deia Vengen - Bass

Thomas Colegrove - Drums

Songs are arranged by one or more of the performing musicians, and played live with backing tracks for drums and additional instruments. The group is supported by the following people:

Brandon Strader - Videos

Rexy/Bev Wooff - Videos

Palpable/Vinnie Prabhu - Performance Technical Expert

Vilecat/Valérie Legendre - Performance Technical Expert

What We're Doing:

Going around to lots of places to rock face with as many VGM fans as we can manage! We're always working on new arrangements, and we're currently in plans for our first full-length album. We've been playing OCR panels for over two years now and we are starting to book at conventions and concerts with a full setlist in-tow.

We just played our first full set at MAGFest and have the video uploaded for your enjoyment. Check it:

How to keep tabs on us:

Do your homework and like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OverclockedUniversity

This is where we post the most up-to-date info on upcoming shows and video/audio releases. Also be sure to check our artist page on OCR for posted mixes that we've done. http://ocremix.org/artist/12421/overclocked-university

Go to our WEBSITE, which is a bit lacking but we're working on a new version: http://university.ocremix.org/

What Songs We've Played Live:

Waverace 64 - Gettin' Wet in the Sunset (Title Theme/Sunset Beach/Player Select)

Final Fantasy VI - Terra's Back in Black (Terra, new arrangement of Ailsean's Terra in Black)

Chrono Cross - Dotting Your I's and Crossing Your Chrono's (Guldove)

DuckTales - Where No Fowl Has Flown Before (The Moon)

Star Fox - Worlds in Crisis (Corneria/Space Armada/Ending Theme)

Chrono Trigger - Bending Light (Memories of Green/Schala's Theme)

Donkey Kong Country - Where's the Ocean, Andrew? (Aquatic Ambiance/Life in the Mines)

ICO - Take My Hand (Heal)

Ragnarok Online - Pwntera (Prontera)

Shadow of the Colossus - Wanderer on the Offensive (Double Live Edit)

Street Fighter 2 - Family Man (Guile, Zangief)

Plants vs Zombies - Proper Lawn Care (There's a Zombie on Your Lawn)

--------------------------------

Are y'all ready to be schooled?

Edited by Level 99

Also, album release when?

We're finalizing what songs we want to put on it, as well as any new arrangements we want to make for it. Couple that with us sorting out a potential PAXEast Jamspace concert and the arrangements we're creating for that, with the current workload were HOPING for sometime this year.

We'll be sure to hit you in the eye with the corner of the disc case when it does come out.

Really! Is there videological evidence? I love that track.

It was our first live performance, at MAGFest 2011. I remember distinctly there being both video and audio for it, so youtube search for "OCR Live" to hopefully find it. We went under that moniker until we decided to make OverClocked University a "real thing".

OverClocked University: Hitting you in the EYE with Video Game Music since 2012.

Fun fact: while at Apex, one of the guys who caught one of the bags at MAG came up to our table and introduced himself. The first thing we asked was "were you the dude who got his eye put out by Deia?"

He wasn't.

She asked that on Facebook when I posted the pic of the Sound of Speed copy I got from the person in front of me who received one of those bags (he already had 2 copies, apparently).

He wasn't (that guy was to my left).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

So we played the super cool Bitgen 8 this past weekend and debuted Tom, our drummer, who knows Stevo or something. Anyways! What did you guys think? The show was awesome, and there were arcade cabinets on stage, which is crazy cool, check it out!

1157637_10152100465714027_909929309_n.jpg

We are gearing up for Nerdapalooza next, and figuring out how to get live drums into our album!

• 3 months later...

So we are going to be Rocking the one and only MAGFest 12 in less than a month, with our new, sweet-as-molasses EP in tow! You will be able to buy it! :o

1476546_621724794551644_242838160_n.png

Featuring 6 of our most popular songs, mixed and mastered by the one and only DJ Zircon, this is required listening for all students at the university. If you are doing a training montage, this is the perfect music for it, and if you are not doing a training montage, this will inspire you to BE THE BEST!

Can you guess what songs are on there?

So we are going to be Rocking the one and only MAGFest 12 in less than a month, with our new, sweet-as-molasses EP in tow! You will be able to buy it! :o

1476546_621724794551644_242838160_n.png

Featuring 6 of our most popular songs, mixed and mastered by the one and only DJ Zircon, this is required listening for all students at the university. If you are doing a training montage, this is the perfect music for it, and if you are not doing a training montage, this will inspire you to BE THE BEST!

Can you guess what songs are on there?

Updated OP with info. Also I listened to the whole EP twice on the way to work today and it sounded GREAT.