Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Argle

finished Donkey Kong Land - boss theme

16 posts in this topic

Argle's post is slipping down the forums because nobody has played Donkey Kong Land? I don't think so! Preemptive bump powers: Activate!

It's fun to find a thematic direction in those 8-bit sounds. Right from the get-go this one smells not at all unlike Daft Punk to me. Very, very nice job.

Well I love this! Really fun sounds! Nice production. It sounds very much like the source, not sure if it is too close? But it's just great, I enjoyed it! Yeah, I can see the Daft Punk influence. I'd say throw in some variation on the beat and melodies, and you've got something here!

Oh it needs plenty of work. And to be longer. Daft Punk, eh? Cool.

This is an excellent start! I've always been a big fan of this theme, so seeing a remix is brilliant, especially one that's started as promisingly as this one has. Would love to see you expand on it!

Yeah this is my favorite song from the game.

I'm not sure what industrial dance is but this doesn't feel industrial at all to me :-P Drums are too clean.

Despite that, this is a fun mix, even if a bit conservative. I think it has potential.

Drums are too clean.

Agreed. Much more filth is planned.

every song from dkland should be remixed...and I love the acidity

I love it.

It has a sort of fighting-game vibe to it. There are parts I would expect to hear in Tekken or something.

Finish it!

Alright, ees done. See first post.

Edited by Argle

Crap, bro, if we hadn't done the cutoff date for BadAss I would've totally asked you to join.

I really like the way this sounds a lot like Frontline Assembly & VNV Nation. As is it's great! If you added an industrial rock section it would make it all kinds of epic. Still sounds great as is!

Crap, bro, if we hadn't done the cutoff date for BadAss I would've totally asked you to join.

I really like the way this sounds a lot like Frontline Assembly & VNV Nation. As is it's great! If you added an industrial rock section it would make it all kinds of epic. Still sounds great as is!

Hey cool, thanks man. BadAss is, well, badass! If you want this for vol 3 let me know. :lol:

Dude, if I was heading that up I totally would. You should talk to pu-freak, he's been my co-director on the last 2 volumes & the guy heading up Volume 3.

I sent this to the original composer, Graeme Norgate, and got a nice response back. :-D

Hiya Adam,

Love it!

This track seems to be a popular one for people to cover...this is the best one I've heard so far.

Regards

Graeme

I have memories of when I was a (very) young lad, and I used to dance my ass off listning to this. Those were the days.

I have an excuse to do it again!