Legend of Legaia- All the Kings Men ( Drakes Castle)

Esperado

Yeah, I really enjoyed this one. I had fun, tying for second place was cool. You were a worthy opponent! :)

I love the chilled out feel, and there is really nice depth. To me, the percussion is a bit lacking though, it seems a bit too weak and repetitive. Also, I'd say the first and last minute of the song drag on too long, though it may just be a trait of the style.

Overall a great mix!

thanks! I agree, Looking forward to what come of the next round!

Im pretty weak with drum patterns. do you think its the pattern itself, or the levels and processing of the drums?

im not sure if its a trait or not, i can try listening to it again a few times to see. overall i enjoy the transitions, but they might be a bit long

Before 1:05, the drums are pretty weak. I can barely hear the kick, and the kick is mainly low frequencies. Afterwards, the snare starts coming in, but the kick is still barely audible. Just choose better samples, and that would help a lot. Layer your drums. If you have good samples, you don't need too much processing other than a little bit of compression and room reverb.

The arrangement has kind of a plodding pace. The drums need much more variation, and the pace feels constant almost the entire time. Replacing some sections could work.