[Ambient Piano] Syllix - Lost

Ryan Jobson

I like this mostly because of the repetition. Some people will say that it's too much, but I love a song with repetition. More so because it's reinforcing the motif. That's how it gets stuck in your head. This sounds lovely. Some parts could use more energy but I still love the way this sounds. And you named it perfectly. The song expresses the feeling of being lost perfectly in my opinion.

I really appreciate the feedback guys, thanks a lot! Yeah I made this in about 6 hours so yeah, it's not absolutely perfect. It actually started off as a 2-hour song challenge, where once a week I write a full song from start to finish in only 2 hours. I really liked it, so I decided to continue working on it and then decided "oh heck, I'll upload it." I might end up putting it on a piano album I'll be making, so I'll be sure to put some more time into it.

once a week I write a full song from start to finish in only 2 hours.

if youre at all familiar with logic or garageband, this is a really fun thing to try doing in an apple store. before i had any idea of how to make music from scratch i used to try to make songs using entirely loops in store, export to imovie, and then post to youtube from there. the employees usually dont even mind, if anything they think its an interesting departure from the usual " walk in, take a picture of yourself using an iphone and walk out" customer, if you can call them a customer.

i tried doing this with the FL demo at the microsoft store with much less success.