Pokemon MMO

wildfire

In case anyone was unaware, there is an awesome new(ish) Pokemon MMO!

http://pokemmo.eu/

If there are any other players, post your usernames so we can all be friends together!

Usernames (Channel 2):

AImightyArceus

AmphibiousFrog

Binjovi

cobaltstarfire

Couchpotatodx

disambiguity

GeeTee (Global-Trance)

JehmFaulking

ladyWildfire

Laethan

Mirby

prophetikmusic

TheoryofN

[ocr]zeroishtar (Zerothemaster)

Edited by wildfire
adding usernames

Judging by the trailer, it seems they've taken out quite a few features. Such as the Pokemon following you and Nicknames.

EDIT: Scratch that. There's someone walking around with a Horsea right now and to nickname your Pokemon, you have to do it from the Pokemon status screen

Edited by Theory of N

I dunno how much time I'll have to play these days but I made an account, AmphibiousFrog is mah name. Do you get to pick like a bunch of different Pokemanz at the start or is it like normal where you only get a choice of 3?

*EDIT - Answered dat for myself. Word, I gotta gets me an Eevee some time!

Edited by Amphibious

That doesn't explicitly call itself a Zelda MMO/clone though. "Poke"worlds though...?

We had a situation similar with Ragnarok Online servers. Though we used everything Gravity had under the sun to run them save for eAthena.. It was ruled as long as private servers didn't charge for the game Gravity couldn't do anything about it. I believe it's the same case. Being ran on software for online play, it's custom enough as long as it stays non profit they should be fine.

That.. or maybe Nintendo is just that cool.

Holy shit, Graal. Fun fact: I was playing that when the planes hit on 9/11.

Fun fact: I was lead GFX on the N-Pulse server for a short while back in the day.

At any rate, I saw the trailer for this about a month ago, but never tried it. I may give it a shot tonight after work.

Edit: My character's name is Binjovi.

Edited by Binjovi

I can't get this to work, is there some trick to it?
I am also on Channel 2 and unable to have my Pokemon follow me.

yeah, I can get it to work when I'm at home but at work, there are no Pokemon following anyone and it doesn't work for me either. I don't know what the deal is.

EDIT: Ah! You need a Heart Gold/Soul Silver rom in the roms folder.

Edited by Theory of N

Holy shit, Graal. Fun fact: I was playing that when the planes hit on 9/11.

Graal caused 9/11.

Fun fact: I was lead GFX on the N-Pulse server for a short while back in the day.

Small world. I was one of the head LATs on N-Pulse for a while, haha. I actually worked on most if not all of the main servers before the crazy move to being a facebook app. Even almost made music for Classic iPhone, except they said it sounded "too high end" or something. :/ Didn't fit the Link to the Past style..

edit: A couple fun finds from the far away past

A level from when over-detailing was popular.. why are there so many bush stubs?

My own tileset + overworld designing, never really went anywhere because I didn't own the playerworld :/

Edited by Brandon Strader