• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 djpretzel

djpretzel

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 8,656 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

What did you think? Post your opinion of this ReMix.

#2 purplecowadoom

purplecowadoom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

This is really well made. My only gripe is that listening to it the first time I had a hard time picking out the sources until later in the mix. After I "found" them, I got into the rhythm of it and it was no problem, but at the start coming into it I found them a bit difficult to pick out. Repeat listens did help a lot. Otherwise props for mad skillz!
Mike? Are you putting Gatorade in the rabbits again?
Mike: Uuhhh...no.
[Injects Gatorade]

#3 Gario

Gario

Workshop Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:45 AM

Mmm, this is very tasty. Badass cruch-chip-mix that I highly recommend to those that like a little chugginess to their electronica mixes.
Posted Image
<Insanctuary> I love humility; I eat it for breakfast.
Get involved! The Lufia Album, ORC and PRC are all looking for volunteers!

#4 Red Shadow

Red Shadow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,901 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:44 AM

I. Like. This.
Posted Image

#5 SuperiorX

SuperiorX

Temporal Duality Director

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:45 AM

Yeah, this is really slick. Really infectious groove. Well done.

#6 Jragyn

Jragyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

Don't ask me why, but somehow amidst all the boo-bops and trimples, I hear some weird mix between Donkey Kong Country(SNES) and Chip 'n Dale(NES). Can't explain it, but this is a fierce&brave mix and I like it a lot.

#7 LazarCotoron

LazarCotoron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

So, when people post Chrono mixes, I've noticed a bit of a pattern. People seem to really dig a few of the themes, and don't get me wrong-I LOVE those songs too.

But CT had a lot of great music in it, and to date my favorite take on this theme has been Spekkosaurus's piano rendition. It's great to see a very different take one of those less oft done tracks in a very different style.

Just wanted to say well done and thanks!

#8 Tindalos

Tindalos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

Definite success! I'm not even one for dubstep, and I could certainly hang with this remix and thoroughly enjoy it. The elements were incorporated into the piece in ways that kept it interesting, rather than relying on trendy gimmickry as a substitute for composition and innovation. ambient, you should be duly proud of this righteous mix! I'll be listening to the 3 minutes and 38 seconds you've composed here for, cumulatively, days if not weeks.

#9 Crulex

Crulex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

Lot of gritty pulsating electronica going on in here. Reminds me of some of the classic stuff that were supposed to represent the internet age back in the day. I especially enjoyed the second half starting at 2:12. I really got into it the most after that point. Sweet.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums