OCR02602 - Chrono Trigger "Incorrigible"

djpretzel

This is really well made. My only gripe is that listening to it the first time I had a hard time picking out the sources until later in the mix. After I "found" them, I got into the rhythm of it and it was no problem, but at the start coming into it I found them a bit difficult to pick out. Repeat listens did help a lot. Otherwise props for mad skillz!

So, when people post Chrono mixes, I've noticed a bit of a pattern. People seem to really dig a few of the themes, and don't get me wrong-I LOVE those songs too.

But CT had a lot of great music in it, and to date my favorite take on this theme has been Spekkosaurus's piano rendition. It's great to see a very different take one of those less oft done tracks in a very different style.

Just wanted to say well done and thanks!

Definite success! I'm not even one for dubstep, and I could certainly hang with this remix and thoroughly enjoy it. The elements were incorporated into the piece in ways that kept it interesting, rather than relying on trendy gimmickry as a substitute for composition and innovation. ambient, you should be duly proud of this righteous mix! I'll be listening to the 3 minutes and 38 seconds you've composed here for, cumulatively, days if not weeks.

• 2 months later...

Lot of gritty pulsating electronica going on in here. Reminds me of some of the classic stuff that were supposed to represent the internet age back in the day. I especially enjoyed the second half starting at 2:12. I really got into it the most after that point. Sweet.

• 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02602 - Chrono Trigger "Incorrigible"