Royalty Free Soundfonts?

tenritsu

Hey, sorry if other's have asked before, but my poor searching skills have garnered no results. If there already is a thread that addresses this, would someone please point me to the thread?

My friends and I are making a rpg game, and they have assigned me to do the music, which is fine by me, except for the fact that I'm used to using soundfonts. Basically, my question is, are there any free soundfonts (I'm at a relatively low budget) that can be used to produce royalty/license free music?

Ah, I see. Thanks for the replies. Just in case, are there any of the more popular ones (like the ones on darkesword's awesome collection and such) that don't fall under this free? My guess would probably be no, eh?

Well, thanks for the fast response. I've been looking for an answer to this for quite a while. Would have done me a lot better to just ask you guys! :lol:

EDIT: By the way, by royalty free, I was assuming that I could use these in a commercial product. I hope the answers I've been given don't change :roll:

Ah, I see. Thanks for the replies. Just in case, are there any of the more popular ones (like the ones on darkesword's awesome collection and such) that don't fall under this free? My guess would probably be no, eh?

Well, thanks for the fast response. I've been looking for an answer to this for quite a while. Would have done me a lot better to just ask you guys! :lol:

EDIT: By the way, by royalty free, I was assuming that I could use these in a commercial product. I hope the answers I've been given don't change :roll:

Yes, the soundfonts are both free to use, and royalty-free. You can use them in commercial compositions.