Community Manager, Judge

• Moderators
  • 12,681 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

• Deus Ex Posted Image Posted Image
  • Eidos Montreal Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
  • OC ReMix Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• How do you know the original Deus Ex is a special game? Even today, people joke that when they're reminded of it, they immediately have to go and reinstall it. That's how infectious it is.

A critical part of the game's indelible impression is the music, which is why I was excited when Kyle Augustson-Stallock, then Deus Ex: Human Revolution's community manager, floated the idea of us creating a ReMix album back in October 2010. When I asked the OCR staff and community to come up with an arrangement EP, I shouldn't have been

surprised that they did such a great job capturing and expanding on the feel of the DX series in their own unique, interpretive ways. After all, sonic augmentation is what we do.

Even if you've heard other music from all of the contributors here, all ten of them presented ideas and sounds different than what you're used to hearing from them. Get ready for a different side of these talented composers and arrangers, as well as a different side to Deus Ex. With a focus on the original game alongside representation of both sequels,

there's a little something for every DX fan.

Special thanks to Kyle Augustson-Stallock for originally commissioning the album and establishing the framework for us to work with. Kyle is great to hang with in person, and it's always an honor to collaborate with legit OC ReMix fans in the games industry who know we're passionate about what we do. A big thanks to Eidos Montréal's André Vu, Adam

Badke, and Valérie Bourdeau for seeing Sonic Augmentation through to completion and working hard to get this music into your hands.

Special thanks also to Alexander Brandon (two-time contributor here, how awesome is that!) and Michiel van den Bos for enjoying the album, as well as Deus Ex: Human Revolution audio director Steve*Szczepkowski for his kind words on the project.

Much love to the artists for their seemingly limitless creativity, Andrew "OA" Luers for some really slick album art that I did my best to augment, my wife Paige for her patience and encouragement, and David "djpretzel" Lloyd for starting OC ReMix, a place where video game music is celebrated as a true form of artistic expression.

Last, but not least, thank you to you the fans who listen to OC ReMix and go out of their way to spread the word.

We like you the best of all.

- Larry Oji (Liontamer)

Posted Image

Edited by Liontamer, 06 May 2013 - 08:04 PM.
added album site

#2 OA

OA

Judge, Unsung Heroes Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,889 posts
  • Locationmn, usa

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

Seems legit!
Posted Image

#3 SuperiorX

SuperiorX

Temporal Duality Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:56 PM

Sweet!! How is this the first time I'm hearing about this!?!? I love the original Deus Ex music, it's such great stuff. I can't wait to hear the full album. Nice job everyone!!

#4 Dj Mokram

Dj Mokram

Be Aggressive! Co-Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationVR Training

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

Awesome, I'm stoked for this! And so is JC Denton:

Posted Image

...well, as stoked as he'll ever seem to be anyway. 8-)

Under-remixed VGM Defender ||| Twitter - Soundcloud

#5 AngelCityOutlaw

AngelCityOutlaw

Dr. Robotnik (+2700)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

This. Is. Awesome.

#6 Liontamer

Liontamer

Community Manager, Judge

• Moderators
  • 12,681 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

Track #2 by halc is OUT! His take on "UNATCO" is sweeeeeet, so you better get! :-)

http://facebook.com/...108468622525037

#7 halc

halc

Take Flight/The Sound of Speed Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,175 posts
  • LocationWhitsett, NC

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

Track #2 by halc is OUT! His take on "UNATCO" is sweeeeeet, so you better get! :-)

http://facebook.com/...108468622525037

damn, this song is old as dirt by now, haha. so awesome to see this project finally pan out. hope you guys enjoy! :)

#8 jane

jane

Dan Hibiki (+75)

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:59 AM

This is so indelibly badass. Can't tell you how much that first track made my morning.

#9 Schilcote

Schilcote

Glass Joe (+10)

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:04 AM

Dangit. Can't get it without a facebook account.

Is facebook such a universal thing now that no-one even considered that some people might not have accounts?

#10 avaris

avaris

Humans + Gears Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,821 posts
  • Locationnew england

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

Saweet, congrats dudes. :)

#11 Dj Mokram

Dj Mokram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationVR Training

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

Dangit. Can't get it without a facebook account.

Don't worry, once all tracks have been unveiled on Eidos FB, the full EP will be released normally on OCR. :wink:

#12 Jules

Jules

King Hippo (+15)

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

Is there a way to get this music without a Facebook account? I don't have one and the link that's titled 'stream/download' (http://facebook.com/...108468622525037) just sends me to the Facebook login page.

#13 Dj Mokram

Dj Mokram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationVR Training

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

Is there a way to get this music without a Facebook account?

Not yet. The 8 tracks will first be unveiled on Eidos FB page, then the album will be released normally on OCR. :wink:

#14 Jules

Jules

King Hippo (+15)

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

Not yet. The 8 tracks will first be unveiled on Eidos FB page, then the album will be released normally on OCR. :wink:

Okay, got it, thanks for the info. I guess I'll just wait for the regular release then.

#15 TillyFun

TillyFun

Goemon (+300)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 346 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

! :D

Yes! ^__^ Can't wait for the torrent.

After listening to Siren Synapse, you just know this is going to be so cool! :) :D

#16 Alenonimo

Alenonimo

Snacks'N Jaxson (+1)

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBirigui, Brazil

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

It requires me to get a (paid) subscription on FanPage.

NOPE.

#17 SuperiorX

SuperiorX

Temporal Duality Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

It requires me to get a (paid) subscription on FanPage.

NOPE.

No it doesn't actually. Just right-click on the "shopping cart" icon next to the song and you can do a "Save Link As" to download the mp3. I thought the same thing at first and was frustrated because I hate all of that Facebook app garbage, but then I noticed you can just save the mp3s. Problem solved :)

#18 Moguta

Moguta

Abobo (+450)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 480 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

...then the album will be released normally on OCR. :wink:

I'm assuming there will be a separate announcement for this? Might as well grab it all at once.

Posted Image

#19 Dj Mokram

Dj Mokram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationVR Training

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

I'm assuming there will be a separate announcement for this?

Most likely a thread bump with OP edit, as well as some mixposts on the front page to let everyone know it's been released in full here. ;)

Edited by Dj Mokram, 28 March 2013 - 05:22 PM.

#20 elementc

elementc

Chocobo (+20)

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:52 AM

Shame on you guys for doing track by track. It seems like any time one of these fan projects goes "official" it just results in everything taking longer to get released. Just look at the delays that happened with ZREO. :(

Edited by elementc, 04 April 2013 - 08:55 AM.

Holy crap you're kidding me right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums