Super Mario RPG: Window to the Stars - History

Theory of N

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is the album too far along to possibly claim a track? I didn't even realize this project was a thing since I'm relatively new to the forums (been listening to ReMixes for a couple of years though). I've just been complaining to myself that OCR needed some more SMRPG tunes.

I'd love to snag one of the unclaimed tracks! This game influenced me in a huge way as a child and pretty much opened the door to RPGs for me. I listen to the soundtrack regularly when I'm trying to write some code. I'm primarily a metal guitarist and have played in a few metal/punk bands over the past 6 years or so. I've recorded thrash/death metal stuff before, but haven't ever tried my hand at doing a remix or anything VG music related. 

All of the tracks that are left sound super happy and upbeat so I could either do a CarboHydroM style guitar remix or switch up the key, add some riffage and do a pretty liberal metal remix with some shredding solos. It'd be cool to take one of the more upbeat tracks and make it sound evil  :razz:

Let me know if that's still an option. If not, that's cool. Either way I'll be anxiously awaiting the album's release!

Beautiful cover art and album title!

I just thought about this project out of the blue and logged on solely see how it was going; it's awesome to see the first post was updated today of all days. I read in the first post that you will still take all the art you can get -- are you looking for anything in particular? Super Mario RPG is among my favorite titles on the SNES and I'd love to contribute to the album, if I can!

(In the meantime I'll also see if I can come up with a WIP for Dodo's Theme or something)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Just stumbled across the rough recordings I had for my WIP ideas for Rose Town (and one for Seaside Town which I had a complete arrangement for but never got around to programming drums and shipping a full on WIP) and now I am bummed I didn't push through on those to get on the album. Maybe one day I'll get those out as normal remixes (but then again if I were to remix stuff from SMRPG without being restricted to unclaimed album tracks I'd probably do a different tune).

Still stoked about this album coming out soonish though!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to Super Mario RPG: Window to the Stars - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic