Super Mario RPG: Window to the Stars - History

Theory of N

SUPER MARIO RPG

WINDOW TO THE STARS

RELEASE DATE TBD

UPDATE 9/7/2016: We're in the final stretch! Music is 98% complete and undergoing site evaluation, art's looking killer, and DaMonz and I are doing all we can to get this thing out as soon as possible. While you wait, why not check out a few clips from some of the tracks?

UPDATE 10/29/2015: Final deadline has passed and Emery and I feel that a little extra time to make this project wonderful will go a long way. We've got quite a few completed tracks in but there's still a bit of work to be done so for the last time, we're pushing the final final deadline back to February 16, 2016. We've got the album cover art done as you can see at the top there, done by the wonderful Kristoffer Soucy. We'll also be trying to put together a teaser trailer so you guys can get a sample of what to expect in the near future. This album is becoming a reality and it's looking REALLY good :)

UPDATE 5/18/2015: School's out and my PC's bumpin' so it's time to get back to work. Thanks so much to DaMonz for picking up the slack while I couldn't devote time to this project. He should already be in touch with everyone and I'll be doing the same to make sure everyone knows THIS PROJECT IS DEFINITELY HAPPENING.

UPDATE 2/19/2014: Due to a large amount of drops, we weren't able to meet the original deadline. Current focus is on heavy recruitment and filling those slots. Thanks to all of you that still tried to meet the deadline. Most of you are ALMOST finished with your tracks so please finish those up asap! In other news, we have a kickass artist for our album art and I've recruited a few artists from outside of our OCR walls. Always cool to have fresh blood!

UPDATE 10/20/2013: Awesome wips coming in. The project has a name, finally! We're calling it Super Mario RPG: Don't You Dig These Vibes? There are quite a few people I haven't heard from and a couple who have had to drop so there are plenty tracks available. Any that are unclaimed or "Conditional" on the tracklist are up for grabs with a wip.

About the album
After 7 years of waiting for my favorite game of all time to have an OCR album, I decided to take matters into my own hands and start one. This tribute to Yoko Shimomura's incredible soundtrack is planned to have 33 tracks on 3 discs, titled Exploration, Confrontation, and Celebration.

Personnel
Director: Theory of N
Assistant Director: DaMonz
Tracklist/Remixers (doc no longer public)

I don't understand why ToN recruited such terrible choices for some of the songs... I mean, why did OCR make this an approved project PURELY based on who claimed each song? Just look at who claimed the 'Beware the Forest Mushrooms' theme. What the hell is that? Seriously, to everyone involved in greenlighting this, I am SO disappointed.

lol this came like lightning out of a clear sky. And well over half of the tracks have been claimed. Oh well, that's SMRPG, all you gotta do is put the name up there and everyone will go "oh yeah, I wants to be a part of that."

edit: ToN, is there going to be some theme genre-wise with the discs based on different regions? When I read the OP I was like "they're gonna make this a thing" when you explained how the first disc is east-something region, the second one is south etc.

Edited by RiverSound

If you need an album title, might I suggest Seven Star Melodies?

or something like that :P

edit: I'd also offer up my whistling, but ecto's already got that covered, he's better at whistling than I am, and I have no way to record it in good-enough quality. :P

so uh... I can write lyrics if anyone needs 'em.

Edited by Mirby

Looking at the tracklist is getting me all teary eyed... I <3 Mario RPG and so far it seems like the tracks are all going to be done sweet, sweet justice. You can't go wrong with Yoko Shimomura's work.

From Inside the Earthen Pipe - Blue Magic <-- this is such an interesting combination that my mind's just EXPLODING with possible ideas as for how it sounds. I can't wait!!!

(also, whoever claims Let's Go Down the Wine River will be blessed with my eternal love)

edit: ToN, is there going to be some theme genre-wise with the discs based on different regions? When I read the OP I was like "they're gonna make this a thing" when you explained how the first disc is east-something region, the second one is south etc.

I thought about it but

1) There aren't really established regional differences in the music from the game so the genres that would be set would be basically pulled out of my ass.

2) With a project this big I feel that restricting genre would not only stifle artists but it would also make completing the project much more difficult.

Yeah I just want to pop in and say 'good luck' to everyone on this project as well! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Super Mario RPG and am really happy to see a remix project for it. As much as I'd like to do a track for this, I just don't think I'll have the time anytime soon. Sonic CD is taking up 100% of my time. I can't wait to hear what everyone cooks up for this though! :)

• Liontamer changed the title to Super Mario RPG: Window to the Stars - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic