Help me identify this old PC game

Nutritious

Saw a similar thread on Community, which got me thinking about a game I've been wanting to know about for a long time. I apologize in advance because this is gonna be a bit vague since I never actually played the game myself.

Timeframe is early 90's, PC game, medieval setting, 4 characters (knights I guess?). The overall goal, as I remember it, is to become famous. There's a larger map where you can travel to different parts of the world to do quests and things to increase your fame.

Sorry, that's about all I remember about it. My neighbor had this game while I was growing up (before we even had a computer), and it looked really fun/interesting at the time. For some contemporary context, he also had Eye of the Beholder and an EA boxing game on that same computer. Also, this was the genesis/snes time period.

EDIT: Wow, I think I found it. Took at ton of really creative google searching. The game is Darklands. Anyway, yeah, this doesn't look nearly as cool as I remember... I guess 20 years and lower expectations at the time will do that to one's memory :)

Edited by Nutritious