OCR02631 - Sonic the Hedgehog "Sonicquarium"

djpretzel

So relaxing in the opening, but it picks up nicely in the second half. This is really cool, and I could almost hear this being a watery level take on the Green Hill Zone like the Mario World ocean was compared to the above land theme........you know, if Sonic could actually swim without dying. Lovely little ReMix right here.

Green Hill April Rain (another version on The Cynic Project's Site) and this remix have been my two most favorite videogame remixes for like the past 6 months. I find them amazing because I've never been a huge fan of the original source compared to other sources but these remixes have changed that for me!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Wow, so refreshing to hear Green Hill done in such a pleasing way. I would have preferred it without the upbeat sections at all, that's just me, but it's full of beautiful moments anyway. It also sounds very legit, like it's not battling with the "videogamey" vibe at all to produce something that is simply really nice to hear. I just love the piano and strings... and coupled with how genuine it sounds as non-game music, this would now have to be my favourite GHZ mix.

• 7 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02631 - Sonic the Hedgehog "Sonicquarium"