OCR01455 - Kirby Super Star "Victory Festival"

djpretzel

Hey Geoffrey!

You know how much I like your stuff. This is no different. I loved this song when you played it at Magfest and I love it now. I do have a few tiny, tiny suggestions though(also not unusual!).

The beginning part of the song is beautiful. That irish whistle is incredibly done, and it is well complimented by the other instruments.

But right when the whistle drops off -- and I'm pretty sure it's not JUST my prejudice for the instrument -- the song experiences somewhat of a disconnect. The only way you can tell it is the same song is that the leading instrument plays the same tune. However, the instruments themselves and the melody are so radically different from what precedes them that it almost sounds like you started the song over. This then abruptly changes into almost inaudible guitar that it's hard to tell the song didn't end! I know it's a short song, but that's a lot of changes in a few seconds, that it's almost like it's two different songs that are only barely connected by the leading tune. I guess what I'm trying to say in so many words(and it is a lot!) is that the song could do with some more unity. I love the variation of instruments, but in the middle you do kinda go overboard.

My only other, slightly related problem is the second part with the violin. The first part was, by the way, beautiful. But when it again drops off somewhat suddenly, and then comes back with a repetition of the same tune, it sounds like you decided to play the same part over again. It's a little strange!

Okay, sorry about the needlessly long and rambly critique. It's a great song. Now put more irish whistle in it!

You know what I love the most about this piece? It completely embodies Jeremy's personality: fun-loving, upbeat, quirky, and carefree! I know it sounds cheesey, but listening to this only reminds me how glad I am to have him as a friend.

You're a good man, Geoffrey Taucer!

Great work from the both of you. ^_^

Awwwwwww... how sweet!

Thanks, Jill. It's great having you as a friend, too.

:D:D:D:D

Nice to see something Irish folk stuff getting attention in the community, though in a different way to Dublin Delight. Bit short, but what it does it does well, and sounds like it'd fit right in with the upcoming storybook. Would've requested that the silence at the end be taken out, but whatever.

I have to say that I've heard better from you Taucer...but with that out of the way I think you've done a great job with this remix.

This song was in desparate need of some good mixing, and what you've done with it is perfect. I really like your native whistle sounding thing that you had, and alsoo the fact that everything sounded like real recordings, and I'm convinced that a lot of it was.

I don't think I really need to say much about this mix except for good job, and keep remixing. Keep up your good work ;)

I have to say that I've heard better from you Taucer...
Really? Man, I think this one blows the rest of my stuff out of the water. *shrug*
but with that out of the way I think you've done a great job with this remix.

This song was in desparate need of some good mixing, and what you've done with it is perfect. I really like your native whistle sounding thing that you had, and alsoo the fact that everything sounded like real recordings, and I'm convinced that a lot of it was.

The irish whistle and all five guitars were recorded live. I don't know about the piano. Everything else was sequenced.

I don't think I really need to say much about this mix except for good job, and keep remixing. Keep up your good work ;)

*salutes* will do, sir!

Geoffrey Taucer was my character's name in the NC Rennaissance Faire. It was a pun on Geoffrey Chaucer, and we changed it to "Tosser" because I juggle.

I liked the name, so now it's the name I use on teh intarweb.

I thought as much. Unfortunately, when I have to discuss Chaucer, nowadays I often accidentally say "Taucer" instead. ;)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01455 - Kirby Super Star "Victory Festival"