Mega Man & Sonic the Hedgehog - Blue Bomber Blue Blur Collision Competition

DarkeSword

The Blue Bomber Blue Blur Collision Competition (B4C2)

Presented by the OverClocked ReMix Forums

Introduction

Worlds Collide! Wily and Eggman are up to no good! Those evil doctors of robotics have torn the multiverse asunder, and it's up to our boys in blue, Mega Man and Sonic, to set it right! Surely our heroes will prevail, so what's a little competition between friends, eh?

Current News

Voting for round 5 and 6 is live, and ends on Saturday, June 29, 2013, at 2PM EDT. Check the Voting and Results section of this post for voting rules and guidelines.

Check the Releases section of this post for the latest remixes.

Releases

Voting and Results

Voting takes place at the B4C2 social group, here on the forums. Things to keep in mind when voting:

• Everyone is allowed (and encouraged) to vote.
  • The most important thing to consider when voting is how well the remix incorporates and arranges both themes. Production and enjoyability should also be considered.
  • You are required to vote in each battle taking place during the round. If you don't, none of your votes will be counted for that round.
  • You are not required to vote in battles that have a competitor advancing by default (in the case of missed deadlines or resignation). Generally, a voting thread for these battles will not be made.
  • You are required to make an actual decision between two competitors for each battle, meaning, you cannot declare a draw or a tie. This will be counted as not voting and your other votes for other battles will not be counted.
  • You are allowed (and encouraged) to vote for your own entry when voting in your own remix battle.
  • Do not post reviews in the voting thread. Compile your reviews for a round into a single post in this thread.
  • Post the name of the remixer you're voting for in boldface text.
  • Post only once in each voting thread.
  • Everyone must adhere to the Competitions Code of Conduct.

Teams

Blue Bombers

Blue Blurs

• Cash and Change -
  • therexasaurous -
  • Theory of N -
  • Tuberz McGee -
  • Cosmic Sounds -
  • Mr. L -

Art

Album-Art.png

Submission

All entries must be sent to me (DarkeSword) via PM on the forums. Please include the name of your team and the round number in the subject line of your PM.

Please do not use MediaFire as a host for your entry. I recommend Dropbox or SoundCloud.

I encode all MP3s myself, so please send me your submissions in 16bit, 44.1KHz WAV format. Do not send MP3s.

File names must be in the following format:

Remixer - Title (Robot Master in the Zone).wav

Example:

DarkeSword - Snow Problem (Cold Man in the Ice Cap Zone).wav

Please note that the Robot Master names are two words (e.g. Cold Man, not Coldman). Your artist name and mix title can be whatever capitalization you want but the Robot Master and Zone names must be capitalized properly (e.g. Cold Man and Ice Cap Zone, not cold man and ice cap zone).

Properly formatted file names make it much easier for me to tag everything properly, which ensures good, consistent metadata on all the files that will be distributed to voters.

You must adhere to this file name standard. If you don't, I will seriously consider disqualifying you, and I don't think anyone wants to be disqualified just because they couldn't name their file properly. In the past I have received really cryptic file names like gmrb2wip.wav and frost.wav, and that is unacceptable, especially now that the submission format is WAV.

FAQ

How does it work?

The Blue Bomber Blue Blur Collision Competition (B4C2) is a team-based competition. 12 competitors will be divided into two teams of six. One team will represent the Mega Man series and the other team will represent the Sonic the Hedgehog series.

Each week, everyone will be matched up with a person on the opposing team and compete in a remix battle using both their source and their opponent's source. At the end of the week, remixes will go up in a batch and voters will vote on the winners. Teams will accumulate wins every week, and at the end of the competition, the team with the most wins in the 6 week period will be the winners.

All participating competitors and voters will adhere to the Competitions Code of Conduct.

So do I just pick a team? What about my sources? Is it first-come-first-served?

I'll be doing a draft for both Robot Master and Zone selection. I'll post a sign-up form where you can specify what team you prefer to be on, and also your source selections for both series. I'll go through and assign people to teams, and also everyone their first-pick, resolving any conflicts with a coin-toss and moving down the lists as necessary. You will only be assigned one source tune for the competition, so make your choices carefully.

When does it start?

The draft/recruitment period will last about a week, or until we hit the 12 person limit. I don't want to take any more than that because I don't want the competition to run long, as there's a big Mega Man competition happening this summer.

I'm not a remixer but I want to take part somehow. What can I do to help?

We need sigs and artwork and stuff, so if you're good with the Photoshops, that would be a big help. Please wait until I nail down the visual design for this competition before making anything though. I'd like things to be more visually consistent this time around.

Isn't this all just your way of tricking people into making Mega Man and Sonic remixes for you?

Of course it is.

Hnnnghghghh... I want to do this so badly, but I just can't. Stupid school and other musical obligations :cry:

edit: Guess I'll just have to fucking destroy all of you in the WCRG ^_^

Just do it.

Oh man, I'd love to do this, but I definitely can't make the time commitment right now. Good luck to everyone involved, I'll definitely be checking out the mixes!

C'mon. Just do it

Aargh, you had to get this going already? Now I need a new theme for next month's RMWtS. It was going to be an elegant progression: Mega Man X vs. Mega Man, Mega Man vs. Sonic, Sonic vs. .... Now I need to skip around.

And to make things worse, I'm nohow fast enough to make 6 mixes in 6 weeks. Just holding my breath until the WCRG.

No!

I got a gazillion projects going ATM!

But... how in the world can I possibly let this one pass by? I wouldn't be able to live with myself. A Mega Man AND Sonic compo. Thats like my first and last name. I must join... what will I tell my children? that I wasn't brave enough?

Decisions, decisions...

Just hop in and plead not guilty by reason of insanity.

After all, you did say you'd have to be NutS to pass this one by. Or something like that.

Rockman World sources are okay. Rockman World V had the Star Droids with their own themes. They are all eligible.
Oh, if Mega Man V is OK, what about The Wily Wars? If I can do MegaWater S or BusterRod G I will damn well find a way to make this happen.

Edit: also, what about Sonic Chronicles? It's the only Sonic game I've actually played extensively.

Edited by MindWanderer

Hey Darke, When you say only zones; does that exclude games like Sonic Heroes, because the levels in the game don't end with the word "zone". Just wondering.

It doesn't matter - Sonic Adventure / '06 / Unleashed / Colors had the same irk, and yet their levels are perfectly acceptable.

As for looking into this, I don't think it's wise for me to take part, but I can still pimp the hell out of this one on RadioSEGA if this surfaces. Still, why did no one come up with this idea before xD

Still, why did no one come up with this idea before xD
But I did! Waaa.

Signed up. Damn you, Darkesword, you own my very sooooul!

Edit: Oh, man, I just listened to Green Grove Zone and Prison Lane. They both go with Mega Water S like chocolate and peanut butter. This gon' be epic.

Edited by MindWanderer

It doesn't matter - Sonic Adventure / '06 / Unleashed / Colors had the same irk, and yet their levels are perfectly acceptable.

I really wasn't sure before, so thanks guys :). Also, would White of Sky from Sonic and the Secret Rings be eligible? or a Sonic and the Black Knight Song?

I'm not fully sure which Sonic games aren't allowed. Which is why I am asking X).

I have sooo much to do, so joining might not be a good idea......but if Secret Rings is okayed....

Edited by Cosmic Sounds