Copyright Help

WiFiSunset

Even if a copyright could hold on the name of something (I don't think it can, for most fan works like remixes, but don't quote me on that), the copyright means that someone can't use the title unless they had your permission. Since the original use of that title was yours in the first place, all you need to do is give yourself permission to use it elsewhere...?

Yeah, you're fine, any way you cut it. Use it wherever you want.

Even if a copyright could hold on the name of something (I don't think it can, for most fan works like remixes, but don't quote me on that), the copyright means that someone can't use the title unless they had your permission. Since the original use of that title was yours in the first place, all you need to do is give yourself permission to use it elsewhere...?

Yeah, you're fine, any way you cut it. Use it wherever you want.

Okay, Thanks for your help :D.

I'm not going to use any reference to the game or anything in the title. So your right, it shouldn't be an issue, I wanted to double check it with someone here since I didn't know much about it. Once again, Thanks. (I now have the title to my B4C2 song :) ).

• 3 weeks later...
Wow. That was insightful :). You know, I've seen copyright questions pop up several times on this site. I think that we should have a stickied thread just for copyright questions (I mean we are a music site :) ). Does anyone else agree?

I totally agree. I am looking for a song to use in my YouTube videos but I don't know if I need permission for the one I want. Thanks, Radio910