OCR02662 - Final Fantasy "Roaming... Please Wait"

aha great timing guys. 2 days before my birthday. And almost 2 years since I finished it.

I hope people can enjoy this song. If I could go back and change anything I would change nothing but that Osc A+B Sync lead. That was a terrible choice in hindsight haha:mrgreen:

ALSO: Bonk's Adventure. I SHALL DOTH IT. Eventually.

P.S. Here's a fun tip, at the non-tonic ending when the synths all kick in the chord progression/notes are another reference to Gurgu Volcano. I forgot to put that in my write up. Just try humming the melody to the chorus of that song. Duh duh dah dah Da De da De da do daaaaa d-d-daaaa.

Edited by BONKERS

I'm so glad this song made it to the main site at last it was definitely one of my favourites from the album.

I heard Brandon was bashing you about using too many chiptunes for early versions but that bit where you drop it back to the original 8-bit tune is pretty hilarious and awesome so glad you got to keep a little bit in.

Great job man.

I'm so glad this song made it to the main site at last it was definitely one of my favourites from the album.

I heard Brandon was bashing you about using too many chiptunes for early versions but that bit where you drop it back to the original 8-bit tune is pretty hilarious and awesome so glad you got to keep a little bit in.

Great job man.

Hah here's the old early version with too many bland chiptunes(And looking back on it he was totally right! They weren't different enough for the idea I originally was going for. Which was for it to evolve from sound chip to sound chip. Mind you this was over 3 years ago now when I had this idea ha)

https://www.box.com/s/nkd6s8xkkejpulie49lx

I think you did a great job of keeping the original feeling while going into the metal genre, so nice work there. Guitar work and arrangement varied up enough to keep me interested until it hit the Volcano area, before slipping into the 8-bitish section which made me laugh. Great ReMix all around.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02662 - Final Fantasy "Roaming... Please Wait"