Want to add "sound engineer for a video game" to your resume?

the position has been filled. Thanks a lot.

My game is done yo! I still need to write about two more songs and do a final round of testing but THAT'S IT! It's done after that.

More info: http://zoltanmetal.com/gamedev/

It is a heavy metal puzzle/adventure game using the RPG Maker VX Ace engine and graphics. It has an all OCR cast of composers and it's a very difficult game. At least I think it is.

So how can I get my name in the credits?

You can master the soundtrack. All of the songs are already mixed by their respective composers. I am basically just looking for someone who can ensure that all of the songs are the same volume and sound like they all belong on the same album even though they all have vastly different sound.

What's in it for me?

I cannot offer you a monetary compensation. This is my first game and with the exception of music and play-testing, I have been a one-man studio. I CAN offer you a free digital copy of the game for Windows (there is no physical version) and your name in the credits of the game and the documentation. Plus you get the experience and credential of mastering a game soundtrack. That's not an opportunity that comes along often.

This is my first game and will not be my last. I plan to take this experience and make the next game with more people and more of a budget. So this is basically an brand-new independent developer getting started in the industry. If you want to get started in the industry as well, this could be a great way to start.

Reply or Private Message. If you have an example of your mastering prowess, that will help. ^_^

Edited by The Legendary Zoltan

Such a video will definitely be released in due time, Garrett. Thanks. Look forward to it.

Shaggy freak. Lets do this. I'll have all of the tracks for you in a short while. What should I do to make your job easier?

Also, the sound effects for the game are RPG Maker native sound effects and they are all OGG files which means that if you need to master them too, there will be some quality loss. Should we just leave them? It's only a two-dollar game but I'd like to make it as good as I can within my budget of next-to-nothing. ^_^

Such a video will definitely be released in due time, Garrett. Thanks. Look forward to it.

Shaggy freak. Lets do this. I'll have all of the tracks for you in a short while. What should I do to make your job easier?

Also, the sound effects for the game are RPG Maker native sound effects and they are all OGG files which means that if you need to master them too, there will be some quality loss. Should we just leave them? It's only a two-dollar game but I'd like to make it as good as I can within my budget of next-to-nothing. ^_^

Feel free to send me an e-mail with any info you have so far and we'll start working things out.

• 3 weeks later...