OCR02673 - Bastion "A 'Kid-pella"

I'm the creator of the track, and am really thankful for you guys putting this up! It was a super fun project, and I hope you all enjoy it =)

If you're curious, I actually documented the whole process (more or less) on Giant Bomb. Here is a link if you'd like to see! Feel free to shoot me anything here, or there haha.

This is an impressive arrangement, and very enjoyable despite a little pitchiness in the vocals. :smile: This is vastly different from what I plan to do with the same sources. I felt like there could have been more personalization in the piece to make it your own (apart from doing it as acapella, of course)

That is very fair =) I actually made a point of doing my best to try and keep it as close to the source as possible, while changing the ornamentation with the background vocals to denote the different sections. If I end up doing any more A Capella stuff, I'll try to switch the arrangement up a bit more =) Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by bassman2112

Whoa.....haha, now that's cool. I never expected an A Capella song to show up here on the site (not the first thing that comes to my mind in arrangements), but now that it has, it's got to be one of the best one's to introduce it. Fantastic voices and I'm totally digging the male/female vocal exchange. Very nice.

Edited by Crulex

Before I talk about the track, I've just gotta say that I absolutely dislike 99.5% of a capella music. It's not to say that it's a bad genre (although I've heard a lot of bad a capella in my time), just that I have a hard time enjoying it. Having established that, this easily is in the .5% - a fact that's probably helped by my love for the Bastion soundtrack, but even so. If I had one thing I would've wanted more from an a capella version of this, it would've been length - it felt like it ended too soon. Although, again, I felt the same way about the original, so that could be informing my view as well.

If there had to be a "first" a capella OCR, I'm glad this was it.

Wow, that was remarkable! I've been listening to TotalBiscuit's OCRemix tracks on his show and this one definitely is the best I've heard so far. Maybe it's because I'm personally attached to Bastion, but the way you sang it really captures the essence of the song, while presenting it in a new and unique way.

Can't wait to hear more from you.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02673 - Bastion "A 'Kid-pella"