OCR02674 - Batman (GEN) "Flugel Rock"

djpretzel

The music from the Genesis version of Batman rarely gets any attention. Everyone always wants to talk about the NES music, but the Genesis stuff is really really good. As for this mix, well, it's alright. It's definitely very well made and stands out as an amazing original piece with maybe a little Genesis Batman sprinkled on. I think it might be a bit too arranged for my tastes because it doesn't remind me of the original music at all except for a little part after the two minute mark. The Genesis Batman music is something I've been listening to since well before it was released in the US (I bought the JP Mega Drive version of the game). And it should also be said that I'm not really big on most orchestral mixes, real or fake. So take my opinion with a grain of salt. (I don't like solo piano mixes, either).

Really got into this one after the introduction set in and moved on about a minute and a half in. The cinematic elements and electronic bits worked well together here. This is some great orchestration. Bass ending was a nice touch.

I know EXACTLY what is meant by the comparison to Starcraft's Terran music, and I agree completely. I'm so used to hearing all this overblown dramatic scores in today's video games that sound like something Hans Zimmer would scribble on a knapkin. It's wonderful to hear something that's similarly epic, but in a more subtly textured, less derivative way.

• 2 weeks later...

Man.. you nailed it. Best remix on here that I've heard in awhile, love that Zergness at 0.44 - 1.00! YES! GO WORK FOR BLIZZARD!

The ending could be better it sounds like how a Amiga MOD would end.. other than that, fabulous work.

One more thing, I want the FLAC version. This needs to be on my PC in higher quality than 192kbps.

Edited by Liontamer
double post merge

• 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02674 - Batman (GEN) "Flugel Rock"