Super Smash Bros. 4

The Derrit

Also I'm really not concerned if a character I want in Smash 4 doesn't make it; odds are I can just hack 'em into Brawl anyways :D

I've been out of the hacking loop for years, but I was blown away at the levels they've achieved here. I can only imagine where they'll be after another year or two, after the saltiness of not getting X or Y character in 4 has taken it's course.

1. Improve the mechanics/interface
  2. Stop putting in useless characters. Put in ones that restore our faith in Nintendo (BRING MEWTWO BACK!!!).
  3. Be rid of annoying stages. Stages with annoyances are welcome, but annoying stages are not consumer permitted.
  4. No
    (be offended, be very offended by this video).

Don't get hyped. Yet.

Edited by Salluz

That's good news. If it's in action already and evidently, then there's no problem. Note that no one said "BAW NINTANDAO DUZANT GIT ITT". Point is, be excited when you go to Wal-Mart and play the demo if and only if you start to jizz.

Edited by Salluz

I SHALL NOT speak on behalf of my own opinion. I disagree with a bit of it. Some say:

1. R.O.B.
  2. Pikmin
  3. Wolf
  4. Captain Falcon
  5. Pokemon Trainer
  6. Lucario
  7. Ike
  8. G&W

I don't even want to add Sonic, ZSS, or Snake to that list. They were a lot of fun.

Edited by Salluz

Hard to assess the mechanics for a game that isn't out, but I'm not sure that the Melee/Brawl combination route is a good thing, aside from being technically streamlined for people like me who have slow klutzy fingers, I'm not sure that Brawl really brought anything positive to the table.

Wii Fit Trainer is the biggest gimmick character in the whole series so I'd be skeptical of that. I don't personally care however if the game has some oddballs, Brawl's roster was pretty good IMO with the one notable exception of Mewtwo's absence-second most iconic pokemon, they dropped the ball on that one

Tripping already confirmed gone, this is good on many levels

I SHALL NOT speak on behalf of my own opinion. I disagree with a bit of it. Some say:

1. R.O.B.
  2. Pikmin
  3. Wolf
  4. Captain Falcon
  5. Pokemon Trainer
  6. Lucario
  7. Ike
  8. G&W

I don't even want to add Sonic, ZSS, or Snake to that list. They were a lot of fun.

I don't see how most of those characters are gimmicky are all.

Hard to assess the mechanics for a game that isn't out, but I'm not sure that the Melee/Brawl combination route is a good thing, aside from being technically streamlined for people like me who have slow klutzy fingers, I'm not sure that Brawl really brought anything positive to the table.

Wii Fit Trainer is the biggest gimmick character in the whole series so I'd be skeptical of that. I don't personally care however if the game has some oddballs, Brawl's roster was pretty good IMO with the one notable exception of Mewtwo's absence-second most iconic pokemon, they dropped the ball on that one

Tripping already confirmed gone, this is good on many levels

Well I know the speed of the game is between Melee and Brawl, and they've already said that multiple air dashes are in (at this point though, so that could change)... it sounds like they're throwing out what didn't work for brawl (like tripping) and taking the good of melee (like most of the speed)...

Yeah Ike's different enough from Marth to not be a clone, Captain Falcon is the only F-zero representative, Pokemon trainer is....arguably one of the most Iconic characters in Pokemon has a unique mechanic.

Well I know the speed of the game is between Melee and Brawl, and they've already said that multiple air dashes are in (at this point though, so that could change)... it sounds like they're throwing out what didn't work for brawl (like tripping) and taking the good of melee (like most of the speed)...

Air dodges? Someone told me that on AIM, that was actually a particular thing I wasn't happy with, I thought it was better when there was a big risk with air dodging, in Brawl it's punishable if read but the consequences aren't as bad on average and it diminishes the advantageous position

Also some aspects of 64 should be considered, like in that game throws were much more common kill options IIRC, by Brawl that had gone far enough in the other direction where just predictably block camping at high % is a really good strategy vs a lot of characters

Also on throws, I'm biased as hell here because I played Snake a lot and always found it fun but I'd like to see a few characters have okis/tech chase throws like his down throw, I love that aspect of the game. Snake is probably not coming back but hopefully GAW still has his anyway

As long as they lighten up the strength of Pikachu's moves quite a bit, I think that will be enough to keep him from being the most legally cheap thing that's ever happened in gaming history. That may be a bit of an overexaggeration but like seriously, dood.

lol Ice Climbers were a pain. They weren't even all that cheap if used by a user, but when they are CPU, for some random reason, they suddenly become the cheapest freaks ever. Same with Jiggly Puff. Ugh. And I hate how I constantly kill the wrong Ice Climber (the stupid one who doesn't do anything right) and the real deal Ice Climber is still on the stage so I have to deal with trying to kill that Ice Climber as well. UGH. That just was a process I hated dealing with, in all honesty.

To get rid of Jiggly Puff sorta doesn't work since she's been there in every game, but she is super annoying. I don't think I would know Smash Bros. without her, though, honestly.

I was and am very pleased with the Brawl roster. Mewtwo and Roy being excluded and not having a Dr. Mario costume for Mario was a bit of a bummer though. If it was up to me, I'd probably keep most of the lineup from Brawl. Ike will likely get replaced with some other FE character (probably someone from Awakening), and Lucario will probably be moved over for someone else (possibly Mewtwo again since he's apparently a big deal in X and Y). The one character I'd be happy getting rid of would be R.O.B. I mean, he's not even a game character. If you want a robot, use one of the Ray models from Custom Robo or something. You might as well make "Wii Remote" a character at this point. It's hardware too. =/

he was in Mario Kart 7 as a playable character

and there's a giant R.O.B. in F-Zero GX

rob.png

plus R.O.B. was a homage to Nintendo history, being a peripheral that launched with the NES.

I think because of that history he more than had right to be a playable character in Brawl.

plus judging from that trailer for Wii Fit Trainer the Balance Board will have some appearance in the game, and that's just a peripheral too.

MOTHERFUCK THOSE ICE CLIMBERS but IMHO they were kinda useful and functional in Melee.

I know, really. There are those WTF characters but most of them, even the ones listed, are a pride to SSB.

Mr. Game & Watch is my favorite character. Pokémon trainer was a clever addition that actually worked. Ivysaur for the win!

I like him too. Everyone does, really. I have no opinion on Pokemon Trainer but Ivysaur was bossy.

Speaking of G&W, my brother joked once: "how come DK and Game & Watch are the only two Black people in the game? Well, IDK if Ganondorf counts but to feel better, maybe we'll adopt him as a brotha".

Edited by Salluz

I liked IC's, but you know what would be totally fucking boss? HAMMER BROS.

I know that's kind of stacking the Mario roster, but HAMMER BROS.

Pokemon Trainer styled Brothers character that switches his type between Hammer, Boomerang, and Fire.